VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: What Was Your First/Favourite Roxy Bryan Ferry Concert?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:01 pm 

teresa wrote:
Sorry in advance Smudge :? ;)
I don't know how to cut and paste yet :)

Teresa, the set lists for most of the concerts are available on this site. Check the links down the left of the main page. The Country Life tour opened with Prairie Rose and included All I Want is You, If it takes All Night. Two songs that have never been played live since much to my disappointment. My first Ferry solo concert was the 1977 In Your Mind tour. Seen so many since. Hard to pick a favourite.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:02 pm 

Jerry Nunn wrote:
teresa wrote:
Sorry in advance Smudge :? ;)
I don't know how to cut and paste yet :)

Teresa, the set lists for most of the concerts are available on this site. Check the links down the left of the main page. The Country Life tour opened with Prairie Rose and included All I Want is You, If it takes All Night. Two songs that have never been played live since much to my disappointment. My first Ferry solo concert was the 1977 In Your Mind tour. Seen so many since. Hard to pick a favourite.

Thanks Jerry,
I didn't know that and I would like to look :)
Prairie Rose is one of my favourite songs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:50 am 

And mine Teresa. So glad they played it in 2011 but the greatest hits brigade didn't get it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:57 am 

Chère Teresa!

I have been fortunate to attend RM&BF concerts during different eras and in various places.
The only time I walked away feeling slightly disappointed was the 02 concert with RM some years ago.

But let´s talk about the good things! BF;s music has given me so much during all these years, inspiration, comfort and so on.
Two concerts stands out:
Mamouna, Tokyo 1995
BFO, RAH, London 2013.
Salutations!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:20 am 

First Roxy gig was at Birmingham Odeon, May 1979 - Manifesto tour and I recall being so excited about seeing them.. I was 19 years old and had been a fan for 6 years ( growing up in Northern Ireland, I'd not had a chance to see them tour previously - I remember dreaming about going to Liverpool for the Siren tour).

Memorable Ferry gigs -the London Palladium on the Bete Noire tour ( 2nd row seats) and many more.... RAH and Shepherd's Bush , Frantic tour , and RAH , 2013.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:08 pm 

Oberon wrote:
Chère Teresa!

I have been fortunate to attend RM&BF concerts during different eras and in various places.
The only time I walked away feeling slightly disappointed was the 02 concert with RM some years ago.

But let´s talk about the good things! BF;s music has given me so much during all these years, inspiration, comfort and so on.
Two concerts stands out:
Mamouna, Tokyo 1995
BFO, RAH, London 2013.
Salutations!

Thank you so much WS2!
The same for me about Bryans music
Especially Comfort
I think I would have wanted to see BFO in a very intimate setting as my concert wish :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:21 pm 

avalon_eyes wrote:
First Roxy gig was at Birmingham Odeon, May 1979 - Manifesto tour and I recall being so excited about seeing them.. I was 19 years old and had been a fan for 6 years ( growing up in Northern Ireland, I'd not had a chance to see them tour previously - I remember dreaming about going to Liverpool for the Siren tour).

Memorable Ferry gigs -the London Palladium on the Bete Noire tour ( 2nd row seats) and many more.... RAH and Shepherd's Bush , Frantic tour , and RAH , 2013.

Thank you so much Avalon Eyes :)
I can only daydream

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:42 pm 

I agree with Jerry Nunn regarding the 2001 reunion in Glasgow. I remember BF telling the fans to ignore the stewards and invited them to dance at the front.
However, for me, there was no better venue to see Roxy & other bands other than the legendary Glasgow Apollo, (to many memories for me to share). As BF once quoted "If I had to go to a Roxy gig, it would be at The Glasgow Apollo".

Cheers,
Zappa.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:51 pm 

My favorite Roxy concert was their reunion show in 2001 (Munich). Never reckoned they'd come back ... Although most of the songs had been played way too fast 8-) .

My favorite Ferry concert was the last one so far (Stuttgart 2015). Sat in front of Bryan and was happy to listen to 43 years of an exceptional career. Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:20 pm 

Zappa wrote:
I agree with Jerry Nunn regarding the 2001 reunion in Glasgow. I remember BF telling the fans to ignore the stewards and invited them to dance at the front.
However, for me, there was no better venue to see Roxy & other bands other than the legendary Glasgow Apollo, (to many memories for me to share). As BF once quoted "If I had to go to a Roxy gig, it would be at The Glasgow Apollo".

Cheers,
Zappa.

It was indeed a wonderful, atmospheric venue. Saw so many bands there. Those were the days.