VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Close Encounters of the Ferry Kind
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:15 pm 

Hello everyone;

I think at least WS2 and I can both say we are absolutely fascinated with all things Ferry ;)

That being said, I am wondering out loud how many of us have had a personal encounter with Our Hero.

From the interviews I have seen Bryan seems like a truly nice person, and even (gasp) seems uncomfortable when people fawn all over him, I want to say even a touch shy and reserved. Bryan was kind enough to respond to me with his personal condolences on the loss of my dear David. But as for a true personal encounter, oh well, only in my dreams.

I have a few good friends here on the forum that have who would perhaps share their interesting encounters.
Hope to hear from you!

Post subject: Re: Close Encounters of the Ferry Kind
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:31 pm 

Well, I`m not sure you would regard me as a good friend, but here`s my story:

It was just before the Winter Olympics at Lillehammer, Norway, in 1994. Bryan had just released the Taxi album. He was writing autographs below an escalator in a shopping centre in Oslo. People were lining up, bringing all their old vinyls. I had a very modest item, his latest album as a musiccasette. He maybe was a bit surprised, but I told him where to put his signature, and he perfectly understood. -Just across the whole front cover. There were women there with their daughters. I remember one of them saying he was cute.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:43 am 

le freak wrote:
Well, I`m not sure you would regard me as a good friend, but here`s my story:

It was just before the Winter Olympics at Lillehammer, Norway, in 1994. Bryan had just released the Taxi album. He was writing autographs below an escalator in a shopping centre in Oslo. People were lining up, bringing all their old vinyls. I had a very modest item, his latest album as a musiccasette. He maybe was a bit surprised, but I told him where to put his signature, and he perfectly understood. -Just across the whole front cover. There were women there with their daughters. I remember one of them saying he was cute.

Thanks for sharing that le freak :)
I'm sure you still have that cassette?
Cute does not do him justice
And hope this doesn't sound too strange but I bet he smells great ;)
He seems very very gracious when it comes to having pictures taken with him and signing autographs
I have seen so many pictures of him with fans on the internet
Would Mick Jagger be so gracious??
Think not

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:58 am 

Yes, I still have that cassette. It`s my only issue of the Taxi album. It plays fine. The "cute" remark shows that he might make aquintances with women far below half his age, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:23 pm 

He signed after a show in his car (2007). I just told him mamouna is my favourite album. "Oh thank you, that's very kind of you". That was it.