VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry live 2016
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:39 am 

Paddy wrote:
I don't know how many spare seats there'll be at the Palladium. I checked and the max capacity of the RAH is 5,272, the capacity of the Palladium is 2,286 x 2 nights = 4,572.

If everyone who was going to the RAH goes that leaves 700 spare tickets over the 2 nights.

I make that 700 seats short and not enough for all the seats sold for the RAH? I assume although the RAH patrons will get a pre-sale link there will still only be a certain number of tickets released for the pre-sale with rest up on Friday for the general sale as before. It will be a scramble!

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:53 pm 

Oops - got the maths wrong!

Hmm....how are they going to square that circle if all the RAH ticket holders want to go?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:31 pm 

http://www.seetickets.com/event/bryan-f ... ium/930462

A bit pricey if you were aiming for the VIP seats in the first 8 rows of the stalls with the signed photo from Bryan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:59 am 

Mes Amis,
This does not bode well for Friday fans.
Particularly if the scalpers get hold of the link on Thursday!
Still "hope springs eternal"
a bientôt,
W2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:19 pm 

On the plus side, the Royal Albert Hall box office has e-mailed me the pre-sale link for the Palladium tickets (although it doesn't activate until tomorrow). :D

On the minus side, it's for a ticket agency, so there will be fees & add-ons (in person at the venue box office might have been a cheaper option, but Mrs Smudge "advises" that I will be in Wales for mother-in-law's birthday on Friday morning...). :x

On the very minus side, it seems that the best I'll achieve will be sitting behind at least 8 rows of "VIPs"... :(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:30 pm 

Smudge wrote:
On the plus side, the Royal Albert Hall box office has e-mailed me the pre-sale link for the Palladium tickets (although it doesn't activate until tomorrow). :D

Hi Smudge, in regard to the pre-sale link you received from the Royal Albert Hall, are you saying that this priority booking link is active from tomorrow?

Just checking, as I also had tickets for the RAH show, and was under the impression that we would be receiving the priority link tomorrow, for use on Friday? (I am yet to receive this priority link.)

Steph

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:03 am 

Hi Smudge, in regard to the pre-sale link you received from the Royal Albert Hall, are you saying that this priority booking link is active from tomorrow?

That's right Steph; the e-mail arrived on Wed morning and the pre-sale link becomes active at 10 a.m. on Thur (i.e. 24 hours before the general sale begins).

It was due to be sent to all those who gave an e-mail address when they booked for the RAH gig, although it wasn't 100% clear if it was only for those who booked directly from the venue box office or also for those who booked via ticket agencies. I was in the former group anyway.

If you got an e-mail from RAH immediately after the June cancellation, then I guess you'd be due one on Wed or, at the latest, very early on Thur.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:12 pm 

Thanks for clarifying, Smudge. I received my pre-sale link at 1pm today.

Steph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:58 pm 

I hope the price I paid for the Palladium gig is worth giving up the Avonmore Special Edition for - I think it will be.

The Palladium was were I saw my first Ferry solo concert on the Bete Noire tour in 1987.

Apart from being a great gig - the tour record can be found on the New Town tape/dvd, - I recall two memories from that night - members of Bananarama were in the audience and during the concert some one threw a packet of cigarettes at Ferry, which he caught with a quip " I didn't know you cared".

Plus, of course, the sartorial elegance of that 3/4 length coat and white socks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:27 pm 

Dear avalon_eyes
Liked the nostalgia. Enjoyed the info.
Bananarama could be the missing link in a Sex Pistols (they knew Steve Jones well), Roxy, Chris Thomas, sixties soul (didn't the bananas act as accomplice to stock aitken and Waterman in the murder of that great soul standard, Venus?) nexus? Ok, I'm joking...this is an unbelievably tenuous link. But I think I've always rather liked those bananas from my teens to present day ;-) for many reasons...actually, three reasons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next