VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Mail On Sunday Interview
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:02 pm 

The Event magazine that comes with the Mail on Sunday has a big interview with our hero today. Sorry don't know how to post a link. Technophobe.

Post subject: Re: Mail On Sunday Interview
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:41 pm 

For anyone who would like to see the hard copy, Nice interview from the Mail on Sunday, 22nd November 2015. 8-)

8-) 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:13 pm 

Fellow Flaneurs,
Encore un fois un très grand merci a Roxy for posting this. W2 knew it was out there and was desperate read it but couldn't bring himself to be seen buying The Mail.
Happily Roxy has saved him the embarrassment. W2 can have the pleasure without the pain.
Good news because it's a nice article albeit it is sad to read that our hero has had such an annus horribilis. Hopefully his son's recovery will continue and next year will bring them all health and happiness.
On a lighter note, W2 had always wondered which tailor The Bonny Lad worked for? He had always thought it would have been Jackson's because, although they were a traditional outfit - mainly staffed by conservative types - they had access to good cloths and could cut you a mean mod suit if you gave them very specific instructions.
Probably only of interest to those around at the time but it makes Windswept smile to think that our hero cut his sartorial teeth at Jackson's.
Salutations,
W2

Last edited by Windswept2 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:47 am 

Jerry Nunn wrote:
The Event magazine that comes with the Mail on Sunday has a big interview with our hero today. Sorry don't know how to post a link. Technophobe.

Same here Jerry ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:51 am 

Thank you so much for this post Jerry :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:34 pm 

teresa wrote:
Thank you so much for this post Jerry :D

Thanks to Roxy for managing to do what I don't know how to :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:49 pm 

I came to post my scans and just added them to your thread Jerry. I could have posted the link to the Mail website for you but I like to read the articles in the old fashioned way! :) It also saves anyone having to read any of the offensive nonsense that some of the DM readers posted below the online version. :roll:

Windswept, I was also saved the embarrassment of buying the MOS, not my paper of choice. Thankfully my concerns about the Scottish edition perhaps not having the same contents were allayed when Mr Roxy made the special trip out early and returned with a copy. :)

8-)

P.S. Bryan has mentioned in a previous interview that he worked in Jackson's the Tailor.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:31 am 

Roxy wrote:

"Windswept, I was also saved the embarrassment of buying the MOS, not my paper of choice. Thankfully my concerns about the Scottish edition perhaps not having the same contents were allayed when Mr Roxy made the special trip out early and returned with a copy."

Cher Roxy,

Smart lady - the partners of Ferryistas have to play their part!

"P.S. Bryan has mentioned in a previous interview that he worked in Jackson's the Tailor."[/quote]

W2 always wondered if it was Jacksons in Northumberland Street.
It makes him smile because he had his first 'made to measure' suit from Jacksons. He had to send it back three times before they finally got it right but at the end of the day it was actually rather good.
There is a promotional video on line called 'Cut to Perfection' from the North East Film Archive - doubtless The Bonny Lad would find it hilarious!
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:55 pm 

I clearly suffer less from shame than some here, as I turned my coat collar up to avoid recognition and then bought the Mail On Sunday! ;)

I have quite enough memorabilia weaknesses without adding scrapbooks of cuttings to the list, so if anyone has a burning desire/need for the magazine (either in its complete state or just the Ferry article cut out), they are welcome to send me a private message here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:31 am 

Dear W2;

What if Bryan was the one tailoring your suit? :D 8-)

And Dear Smudge;
We here are all fascinated Roxologists;
Nothing to be ashamed about! ;) :) 8-)