VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Set List
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:08 pm 

VP was a great song back in '72 and the performance on TOTP in Aug '72 was HUGE in terms of Roxy history.

But VP doesn't wear so well 40+ later and nowadays the phrase "perfunctory performance" has become the standard. Sadly, BF's voice just can't do the lyrics justice anymore IMHO. But it's a classic and apparently what many in the crowd want to hear. So be it...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:02 pm 

Roxy went years in the 70's and 80'swithout playing VP live much to the disappointment of us die hards from that era. It easily wipes the floor with any track on Avalon. An album commercially successful and radio friendly but imho Roxy's worst effort. On another note nice to see Hard Rain back in the set list for Stirling.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:25 pm 

Now 6 from Avalon and 1 from Avonmore though I think the tour has morphed from the avonmore tour of last year.Curious still the disparity between Ferry solo and Roxy songs in the setlist considering that his solo output far exceeds band output (number of albums, not quality)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:02 pm 

Aside from bd dream this is one of my fave ever setlists (based on the last gig set list)

Avonmore - Slave To Love - Beauty Queen - Ladytron - Bob Dylan's Dream - Oh Yeah! - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Bête Noire - Zamba - Stronger Through The Years -Tara - Take A Chance With Me - While My Heart Is Sill Beating - The Space Between - The 39 Steps - If There Is Something - More Than This - Avalon - Love Is The Drug -Virginia Plain - Editions Of You - A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall - Jealous Guy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:37 pm 

Smudge wrote:
all Ferry is good Ferry (except Goodnight Irene and Virginia Plain!)

I know we all hear things differently, Oberon, but, dear God, Virginia Plain! :shock:

That's a bit like signing up for bible studies, then asking to skip the bits featuring Jesus, isn't it?! ;) (With apologies if I've offended anyone's religious leanings...)

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7