VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Boxing Day Broadcast
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:19 pm 

I seem to recall in an earlier thread that an Avonmore concert was to be broadcast on Dec 26. Can't find the original comment and there's been no mention recently that it is coming up soon. Is this still a go and where do I find it?

Post subject: Re: Boxing Day Broadcast
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:52 pm 

Hi AzArtist,

it's on a bavarian radio station, BR2. Pianoman is the one who discovered it:

http://www.vivaroxymusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14234#p14234

Don't know if this is because of my latest firefox update but the BR2 website seems to completely fall apart in my browser and the webstream doesn't work for me anymore either:

http://www.br.de/mediathek/audio/index.html

http://www.br.de/radio/bayern2/musik/radiomitschnitt/bryan-ferry-radiomitschnitt-100.html

:shock:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:53 pm 

P.S.: the livestream works in the Internet Explorer.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:41 pm 

Lonely Dreamer wrote:
Hi AzArtist,

it's on a bavarian radio station, BR2. Pianoman is the one who discovered it:

'You took the words right out of my mouth', Lonely Dreamer - to quote Meat Loaf :D . I would have posted a reminder within the next days but now it's already done, thank you.

The program will take 55 minutes. That means Bayern2 won't broadcast the whole Munich show. There will also be a presenter with comments (in German). But we will at least get some songs that have been recorded in professional quality.

Thanks to my residence I will be able to record it from FM radio (I hope my old Sony DAT will work ;-) ). I hope nobody dares to desturb me on Boxing Day afternoon, otherwise ... :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:48 pm 

Thanks Lonely Dreamer and Pianoman. I've got my audacity all cranked up and ready to go. The player plays fine on my iPad so as along as I get the times zone right I'm good to go. My hope is that they give us most of the first hour. Thanks again for the links and heads up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:39 pm 

They've already published the setlist of the broadcast:

Quote:
1. Slave To Love
2. Take A Chance With Me
3. Out Of The Blue
4. Avalon
5. Love is The Drug
6. Virginia Plain
7. Do The Strand
8. Ladytron
9. Smoke gets In Your Eyes
10. Zamba
11. Bete Noire
12. Jealous Guy

I find it quite disappointing, for my taste they're leaving some of the the best bits out - I've really been looking forward to a live recording of Avonmore. But the good thing is the recording is out there, so hopefully some other radio stations will broadcast other songs and we'll be able to puzzle the bits and pieces together.

I'll use audacity, too. I don't even have a radio anymore. :shock: Though I think the best recording option over the internet would be one of those programms that "grab" the internet stream before it's processed by the soundcard. Unfortunately I have no idea how to use them (legal aspects aside).

(Btw the website and livestream work again in my firefox.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:41 pm 

The Avonmore Tour.......live...........with...........no tracks from Avonmore!! :lol:

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:55 am 

I don`t know a shit about technology in this respect, but that aside, it smells like like the Olympia tour; almost no songs from the Olympia album. -And don`t tell me he has to take consideration of all the audiences along his path. There are people out there that want to hear new songs.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:40 am 

This is the complete setlist from that evening:

Quote:
Monday 14 September Circus Krone, Munich, Germany.

Avonmore - Driving Me Wild - Slave To Love - Ladytron - Bob Dylan's Dream - Don't Think Twice It's All Right - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes - Bete Noire - Zamba - Stronger Through The Years - Tara - Take A Chance With Me - Out Of The Blue - One Night Stand - More Than This (Full band version) - Avalon - Love Is The Drug - Virginia Plain - Do The Strand - Jealous Guy - Editions Of You.

He did play three songs from Avonmore, can't blame him for the radio station's decision not to play any of them.

Roxy wrote:
The Avonmore Tour.......live...........with...........no tracks from Avonmore!! :lol:

8-)

:lol:

Well said! It's a bit Pythonesque...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:46 pm 

Lonely Dreamer wrote:

I find it quite disappointing, for my taste they're leaving some of the the best bits out - I've really been looking forward to a live recording of Avonmore.

Hedonistic Hipsters,

The ever tasteful 'Lonely Dreamer' is correct - the track selection est vraiment un peu bizarre but at-least our Bavarian brethren have the good sense to broadcast the show and from the 'Circus Krone' again!

The last time they did this was AEWBF and the recording was amazing and thanks to the outstanding comradeship of this hallowed cyber hall W2 is able to relive this all time career high at his pleasure.

More than this, wouldn't the whole concert have made a fabulous extra for 'The Avonmore Special Edition' ? W2 can't understand why this opportunity was missed ?

On the sartorial front, W2 did notice whilst looking at the photos accompanying the link that our hero is either having a bad hair day or is going for a more louche look - in either circumstance, this is to be avoided. Perfection was achieved long ago in this area and the Shoreditch Hipster trend is best given a body swerve.

Finally, this is probably W2's last Chronicle before the arrival of Santa and he wants to wish all Ferryistas & Roxologists, meme les fans de Bay City Rollers, un tres joyeux Noelle et un heureuse nouvelle annee.

Windswept.