VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Duran Duran and Bryan Ferry have a connection! ( Indirectly)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:43 am 

Good Night to all Roxyologists and Ferryistas! It's Lori! I would like to inform all Fellow Fans that Duran Duran and Bryan Ferry have a connection! ( It is however A indirect One. ) Allow me to explain this and give the benefit of the doubt and " Take A Chance With Me " on this. I bought Bryan Ferry's 1993 Covers Album/CD " Taxi " from Amazon.com U.S.A. as One of My Birthday Presents last Year. I was reading The Liner Notes of that Album/Cd as I always do with every Album/CD that I have ever bought to Add to My Music Collection. I read the Production Notes and Credits too. As well learning all the Lyrics to all of the Songs on Them lest I Go to See/Hear any of My favorite Artists in Concert to be able to Sing as well as Dance along! So anyhow here is the connection that Duran Duran and Bryan Ferry have! The Drummer in Bryan Ferry's Band during The Taxi Era was Steve Ferrone! Who was Scrittii Politti's Drummer, and the First Drummer that Duran Duran had to replace Their Original Drummer Roger Taylor! Steve Ferrone's Drumming on the "Taxi" Album/CD was fantastic! Loved His work on it! Those Haunting and Erie Drum lines were enough to shake Me Down to the inner Core of My Self! Bryan should have kept Him on for more Albums/Cd's! Steve Ferrone was in Duran Duran during The Notorious Era! I saw Duran Duran in Concert at The Philadelphia Spectrum in 1987 during The U.S. A. Leg of "The Strange Behaviour " Tour to support The "Notorious " Album and saw Steve Ferrone at work for Them behind The Drum Kits He was A fantastic Drummer for Duran Duran as well! I also enjoy and appreciate that fact that Bryan Ferry's close Friendship and Musician relationship with Nile Rogers from Chic also has Duran Duran connected to Bryan Ferry in that respect/regard as well as Nile rogers produced Duran Duran's "Notorious " Album/CD as well! Nile Rogers also has Production work on Duran Duran's current Album/CD " Paper Gods. " Nice to know that A few of my favorite Artists from The U.K. have Indirect Connections to be uncovered! I also enjoy and love that Nile Rogers works so closely with Bryan Ferry, a Decades long relationship that has been A Grand Journey to experience as a Fan. ( If I have committed A Felony Here in This Hallowed Cyber Hall Of Justice with this post that is worthy enough of having Me excommunicated from this special unique Discussion Board, I will understand and accept My punishment. ) I sincerely hope that this is not the case! I enjoy My Time Here! I just wanted to share this with All Who are Fans and Members Here! I am just a Music Fan Who has a wide range of Bands/Groups that I listen to.
( Bows respectfully to The Elders here. )
Sincerely Yours, Lori.
P.S. "My Love Is Strong Enough For Bryan Ferry to Go The Ends Of This Island Earth For Him " and Back!