VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Got my Tix - Philly
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:36 pm 

Got my two tixs for DC middle of the floor, midway back!
This will be my 11th Ferry/Roxy concert not
counting the cancelled DC show in 2014.
My wife and I will make a week end of it with the concert, museums, meals and shopping!
Any one else on the Forum attending the DC concert?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:11 pm 

T:
I'm in the Greater Philadelphia area - Yes the VRM Stateside brigade is spread out all over the continent!

After I got my Philly tix right at 10am, I checked back ater in the the day to see what was still available. By mid-afternoon there were only a few Orchestra seats available which means that either a whole lot of tix have been sold OR a lot of seats are being held back until the general sale occurs on Friday morn. Ferry has fans in Philly no doubt, but when he played the Tower Theatre in Oct '14 in Upper Darby (just outside the Philly city limits) he only sold about 80% of the house in my estimation. The Kimmel Center/Verizon Theatre is a nice upscale venue in the heart of Downtown which might help explain increased interest in the July 2016 concert. It will interesting to see what (and how many) seats are available this weekend after a day or so of general sales....

DC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:22 pm 

That's great, Theresa! I'm sure you'll find that once you get to the concert venue most people will be pretty friendly. They are mostly, like myself, a (ahem!) mature group of folks. I've been lucky to see ferry in a number of venues where I might not ordinarily go, such as The Kodak in Hollywood, The Nokia, The Greek, The Pantages, The Wiltern, etc. It's been a fun little ride along the way, kind of grew up with Roxy from when I was a little kid. First record I ever bought with my own money was Virginia Plain and the rest, as they say, is history. Everyone on the forum will have a similar story, I'm sure.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:07 pm 

DCJ wrote:
Thanks to the praise that loyal VRM posters (like the venerable WS2) had for last year's BF Brit tour, I just got two tix 5th row center to BF's Philly show in July.

I have been despondent about BF in recent months but when I saw he was playing Philly this summer, I couldn't let the opportunity pass by...

DC

Oh my..........do my eyes deceive me? DCJ, King of the Kool Aid Quotes has been tempted by the Taste Tarantula shimmying Stateside!! ;)

I do hope your despondency is diminished to a tiny flicker when the Ferry Fandango floats over Philly. ;) :)

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:46 pm 

To be honest, my despondency derived from seeing BF back in Oct. 2014 when his throat was in rough shape and the sound mix at the Tower Theatre in Upper Darby was lousy. It wasn't a great concert experience...

And to be honest yet again, if BF hadn't scheduled a gig in Philly for July 2016 I almost certainly would have refrained from making the trek to either DC or NYC for one of the gigs. Just too much hassle. Hmmm. Am I a fair-weather fan? Perhaps. Of course, if it was Roxy playing in NYC I would make the trek (like I did in 2003)!

Since I was able to be on-line mere seconds after tix became available for the Kimmel/Philly show and I snagged seats in the center a mere 5 rows from the stage, I am very excited to get a chance to see BF again! And perhaps the less-than-joyful memories of Oct 2014 will be washed away...

DC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:56 pm 

Interestingly, yesterday I went back to the DC tix site to see what was still available and "no tickets available " popped up.
So they may have sold their allottment. I will check back to see what is available as general public tixs are now offered.
Also, in 2014, there were two concerts scheduled ( both cancelled) so an additional one is a possibility if tix sales are strong.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:29 pm 

With general tixs now available at DC venue, site says " no tickets available " so I am assuming Lincoln Theater is sold out!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:01 am 

I got tix for Boston, logged on at 9:59 for the Fan Presale and the activity online was so frantic it took a half hour for me even to get a set of tix reserved to buy. I passed up the first set thinking I could get closer. BIG MISTAKE!

Row Y but toward the center. This will be my 7th Ferry/Roxy concert. 2014 in Boston was cancelled due to his health issues.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:22 pm 

I've been following ticket sales for the Philly show and, while the front of the house has sold pretty well over the past few days, there are still plenty of seats available in the back of the house. And there are about ten or so 125 Dollar seats still available in the center center Orchestra that are about 8 or 9 rows back from the stage.

Fans in DC and/or NYC might well think about booking seats at the Philly show - the Kimmel Center is in downtown/Center City and is a short taxi/Uber ride from the train station.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:36 pm 

Just heard that BF has added another DC show as the first sold out!
It will be in the same venue, the Linclon Theatre on July 25th a Monday.