Post subject: Bryan Ferry In Ottawa
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:27 pm 
Site Owner

The tour page has been updated with this info:

http://www.ottawabluesfest.ca/

J.O'B.

Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry In Ottawa
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:34 pm 

As someone who loves the blues (& blues/rock too), I marvel at how anyone could describe that as a blues festival! :lol:

Ben Harper can claim to have some blues credentials, having toured with harmonica legend Charlie Musselwhite in support of their album, but I'm not sure that (m)any of the other listed artists can.

It's like a thirty year throwback to a time when "if there's a saxophone in the band, then it must be jazz", e.g. Sade was described as "dinner/supper jazz" (don't get me wrong, her early stuff was lovely, just nothing to do with jazz).

I'm all for artists not being pigeon-holed (e.g. you could sell the wonderful Beth Hart's CDs as rock, blues or even, at a pinch, soul) but a whole festival should pay some lip service to its title!

Now, where did I leave those anti-grumpy tablets? ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:01 pm 

Talking `bout Sade, in the 80s I used to say that Modern Talking is music for people with threadbare nerves. A woman immediately replied that so is Sade too. I have a couple of Sade LPs. They have stood on the shelf practically unplayed since then. This just as an example of how the brain often remembers unimportant things, or maybe it was just because of that woman and how she was so direct `bout everything. It was just before a Sade concert. We had free tickets.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:32 pm 

Give them a spin, Le Freak!

I think the 80s were generally fairly dreadful for music (and contributed to me spending two decades as a devout jazz snob!), including being far from the finest hour for either BF or Roxy, but Sade's "Diamond Life" still holds up pretty well (with or without supper as accompaniment!). :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:53 pm 

Good Day To All Fellow Roxyologists and Ferryistas! It's Lori! I just want to give My Congratulations to Bryan Ferry and His Band for being invited and accepting the Inivitation to The Blues Festival in Ottawa, Ontario Canada! maybe This will be the First of many new North American dates added to the 2016 portion of ' The Avonmore " Tour! I also want to extole My utter Joy and Exuberance at the fact that FINALLY after almost 40 Years The Stars and The Planets have also aligned just Right and for the FIRST Time In History Schedules match Up just PERFECT for A Music Festival on North American Soil for BOTH BRYAN FERRY and DURAN DURAN to be on the Schedule! I just hope that both will Play/Perform on the same Night! I just read the full Artist Line-Up for The Blues Festival in Ottawa, Ontario Canada and was just going Out of My Mind with shock and disbelief, but also with extacy with having DURAN DURAN on the same Festival Bill with BRYAN FERRY as both will be on North American Soil at the same Time during the Summer of 2016! Maybe Bryan Ferry and Duran Duran will have A short duet Time together! OMG! I would just LOVE this! Duran Duran's North American Leg of " The Paper Gods ' Tour will begin in late Spring going into Summer of 2016! I Love Duran Duran's Music just as much as I Love Bryan Ferry's Music so this is a DREAM come True to see This! Good Luck to both Artists! Perform/Play Your very best for the Audience! Showcase what You both can do! Love to all Lori! P.S. Please don't throw Me Out of Here for this I Admire and Appreciate many Artists in Music.