VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Summing it up
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:03 am 
Site Owner

Hi Richard, I was at around 8 of the shows and remember noticing that I had been lucky enough to catch at least one performance of every song. The one I notice that is not on this double CD is Just One Look from Newcastle.

J.O'B.

UKRichard wrote:
Although....
"features the full set played across Bryan's 2015 world-wide live dates"...
....errm no it doesn't, unless the tracklisting at bf.com is wrong.
No problem if it doesn't but a bit of precision (for once) wouldn't go amiss.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:05 pm 

Looking over the various sets lists apart from Just One Look which John has mentioned the other songs missing from the box set are Midnight Train, Re-make/Re-model and My Only Love which were only played at certain shows. The biggest surprise is no LST!

8-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:17 pm 

Quote:
The biggest surprise is no LST!

Indeed Roxy - that very obvious omission was what caused me to do something of a double take! Either the track-listing at bf.com is incomplete or the content of the CD falls quite a bit short of a full account of the tour. Can't say I'm overly concerned either way, like I said it would just be nice if things were a bit more accurate to start with.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:48 pm 

Devout Dilletantes,

What great news and proof positive that our hero listens to ghosts who haunt this hallowed cyber hall.

OK, from W2's perspective, he's released the wrong one. It should have been the 2013 AEWBF tour with TBFO. Good as the new band have become and they are good - they can't compete with the combined forces of his then rock band and those jazzers. They were just amazing. A joint career high with the ATGB line up.

What's more, AEWBF may have generated more sales in the US given that our American brethren didn't get to experience the splendour that was TBFO?

Set against this is the synergy of selling the 'Avonmore Live' CD at the concerts and letting Ferryistas take the show home with you.

In any event it's a great move and W2 has purloined the requisite funds from Mrs Windswept's purse and will be making his purchase tout de suite.

Hopefully when this LP is successful our hero will release the AEWBF fandango on both vinyl and CD. This will allow W2 the time to win his negotiations with Mrs W over the house space necessary to join the great Oberon and those discerning vinylistas.

C'est excitant. Un grand bravo a Bryan !

Salutations,

W2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:11 pm 

What a wonderful surprise! Order made.

Agree, hoping this method of distribution is a success and we see many more exclusives.

Can't let go!

Topiary

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:22 am 

I consider it a plus that the new Avonmore Live CD doesn't include LST. It's one of "The Hits" that I don't need to hear (yet) again...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:33 pm 

Good news. Interesting track list, lovely artwork. I'm looking forward to listening to Ferry live. I presume the records will see the inside of my CD player a lot more than the remix discs of his recent box set :roll: .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:43 am 

DCJ wrote:
I consider it a plus that the new Avonmore Live CD doesn't include LST. It's one of "The Hits" that I don't need to hear (yet) again...

......... and it didn't feature on the set lists for the Scottish leg of the tour (and all the better for it based upon last night's gig) so maybe it has been relegated to the lower divisions.

I recognise that I am being a tad unkind here as LST was a stonking release at the time (and never fails to get an audience on their feet or fill a dance floor with people of a certain vintage) but somehow over the years it has developed a tinge of the "novelty" offering about it -- IMHO at least.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:32 am 

Hi there. I'm putting in one of my occasional appearances ! I too have ordered the live CD and it certainly looks very appealing, particularly as I am not attending the gigs this year ( lucky to see Bryan in Oxford last year ) . I have the same opinion as you, DCJ, re LST . Great for a party, but done to death....

Windswept 2. I so totally agree with everything you said. AEWBF was the best concert I've seen ( and heard ) since I first saw Roxy Music live in 1974. Indeed it was so good, I persuaded my husband to see it twice, the second time being at Shepherds Bush ( in aid of the disaster in the Philippines ). A CD of that tour would be fantastic and actually a DVD would be even better. The cameras were out at Shepherds Bush, so there is footage available. I am puzzled why this has yet to be released.

All those going to the Palladium tonight , have a really good, really good time ! :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:49 pm 

[quote="prairie rose"] AEWBF was the best concert I've seen ( and heard ) since I first saw Roxy Music live in 1974. Indeed it was so good, I persuaded my husband to see it twice, the second time being at Shepherds Bush ( in aid of the disaster in the Philippines ). A CD of that tour would be fantastic and actually a DVD would be even better. The cameras were out at Shepherds Bush, so there is footage available. I am puzzled why this has yet to be released.

Cher prairie rose,
You are clearly a lady of consummate taste!
The Tollwood tapes act as a constant reminder to W2 that AEWBF was an absolute smorgasbord of musical excellence.
Our hero's decision to release 'Avonmore Live' first has Windswept scratching his well coiffured head. It can only be the synergy of being able to sell it on tour. The take the concert home with you idea.
And you are so right, a DVD/CD set would be essential for AEWBF release. Visually the show was stunning.
Still, all Ferry is good Ferry (except IYLSE) - roll on Friday.
Salutations,
W2