VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: BODOE
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:18 am 

Hi!
My mrs an I travelled up to the arctic circle yesterday. Sunny weather and quite ok temp (13 degrees). Lovely scenery.
Bryan played at the Spektrum, which is a sports arena. +/- 3000 people in the crowd. Bryan was in fine form and sounded fantastic, no voice problems. Very nice sound in the hall, good definition of all the instruments and voices. The set-list was maybe a bit shortened; unfortunately no Beauty Queen. Also no 39 steps.
Here are some photos:
http://www.an.no/bildeserier/se-bildene ... 5-4-301072
There is also a review in the local paper today, headlining: "A legend very much alive". 5 out of 6 stars.

It was a really great concert, up there with the RM 2001-tour and ATGB-tour.

I'm looking forward to Konserthuset in Oslo tomorrow.

Post subject: Re: BODOE
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:33 am 

Thanks for the pics, doc. The one who wants to read the review has to pay for it, either by buying the "an" (avisa nordland) paper, or to pay for access on the net at an.no.

There is a dad smile on Ferry in the first picture. The charismatic guy in the 4th picture is a musician himself, one of three siblings that are all singer/songwriters. The audience is typically generation Ferry. Well, finally Ferry came to Northern Norway.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:07 pm 

Hopefully BQ will return tomorrow..!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:16 pm 

3000 is a lot of people to draw to a concert. BF clearly has a lot of fans in Norway!!!

On the youtube clips I've seen of recent concerts his voice does seem in good shape! Let's hope it holds up as the tour proceeds... I think he has made a smart decision not to schedule gigs on consecutive days. His voice benefits from having a rest before taking on the next gig...

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:24 pm 

Beauty Queen was dropped. :( I will be seeing him in LA in August - I'm thinking no chance of BQ in the regular set....

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:08 pm 

ffo:
Hard to say whether or not a tune like BQ will be around for the summer US shows. It's hardly a sure thing, but I wouldn't give up all hope... Once the the early US/Can set list become known then the possibility (or not) of hearing BQ will become clearer...

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 10:01 pm 

No Beauty Queen, no The Space Between, no ...

You just wait until Waterfront, Stockholm. There, many a rare tune may appear.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:00 am 

I hope to get to the Boston date, which is my only geographically realistic shot at seeing them. It would be my first time ever seeing Ferry live so I'll be moving some heaven and earth to get there. May the setlist Gods please, please see fit to include Beauty Queen on July 31.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:54 am 

Forensic Ferryistas,

Our hero has a huge following in Scandinavia. Not surprising - they are peoples with great taste !

Sad that BQ didn't make the list but things do tend to twist and turn on these never ending tours. The 'Frantic' tour was a classic sample were the set list went through numerous adaptations over its 3 year run.

W2 certainly hopes that our American brethren get to enjoy some of his more avant garde numbers. W2 thinks he is more inclined to be creative with the set list when the audience is a little more hard core.
Certainly, W2 remembers some great tracks at 03's Beacon gig - 'Tokyo Joe', 'Limbo' and 'The Thrill Of It All' to name but three.

Certainly, that jacket is going to travel and fingers crossed for some great shows to come. The second night at the Palladium was certainly a triumph.

Salutations,

W2

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 7:59 pm 

Stockholm didn`t change anything:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bryan-fer ... 16d1c.html