VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: copenhagen review
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:27 pm 

The difference between the Scandinavian languages becomes appearent when deep feelings are to be described. "Take A Chance On Me" and "Avalon" where like floating gold in this listeners ears:

http://www.b.dk/koncerter/bryan-ferry-i ... ilbageblik

Post subject: Re: copenhagen review
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:36 am 

Google says:

CONCERT:
Bryan Ferry in gripping flashbacks

Bryan Ferry led good midway through the concert audience into a process full of great moments.

70-year-old Bryan Ferry embraced with cool elegance both sophisticated pop, Dylan covers and bulging Art Rock Concert Hall on Friday night.

I have started to appreciate them more. All the iconic musicians who helped start it all, but that is by being a bit in years.
In a short time we have lost Bowie and Prince, and the trend will invariably continue in the coming years. Even for the largest await the big sleep before or since. The trick is to catch them while they are still here.

I did unfortunately never to experience neither David Bowie, Lou Reed or Michael Jackson. On the other hand, I have only this past year has been an audience with Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Booker T. Jones, Chic, Grace Jones and Iggy Pop.
To this list I now add rock aristocratic gentleman, Bryan Ferry, who played in the DR Concert Hall on Friday night.

Where some of the others mentioned embraces across generations, it was obvious that the 70-year-old Bryan Ferry today most speaks to a more mature audience, who remember the time with Roxy Music from their own youth.
Or, as has been drinking cocktails, kissed and even made children sofistiskerede yuppie pop albums like Roxy-swan song "Avalon" (1982) or solo-highlight "Boys And Girls" (1985).

Only one new number
It is these two periods in Ferry's long career, he has created his good name. And he also chose to recognize fully in the Concert Hall's elegant setting.
Only one new number was in the form of the title track from the excellent 2014 record 'Avonmore' before he took the hole on a set full of highlights from the first 15 years of his career.
Distinguished assisted by his ten men high band was the first part of the concert is primarily devoted to the smaller rocked fixture. From the seductive luxury-grooves on songs like "Slave To Love" and "Do not Stop The Dance 'on a pair of beautiful stripped-down Dylan covers to popkonfekterier as" Oh Yeah! "And smoldering art-pop feature as" Zamba " .

More than half way we were led into a process full of great moments from the 'Avalon', and especially 'Take A Chance With Me "and the title track sounded like liquid gold in my ear canals.
Unfortunately, Ferry no longer able to press his voice up in the airy bright rent on 'More Than This'. It was rather deep sung, and so the effect did not materialize. It says a lot about how perfectly calibrated these numbers are in their original recordings.

Danish guitarist in supporting role
Fortunately, both Ferry and the band often super sharp. Especially the female saxophonist was top tough with its warm blow and cool shape, like the Danish lead guitarist Jacob Quistgaard also made it formidable.
In the other end of the stage danced, sang and wiggled two black singers extra life in the concert, while Ferry mostly kept it cool facade.

Since the end finally opened up for the more bulging Art-Rock tracks from the early Roxy catalog - 'Love Is The Drug', 'Virginia Plain', 'Both Ends Burning "and" Editions Of You "- culminating concert in a redemptive climax of edderspændt rock music from the top drawer.

The kind where all the musicians jerner off in a delirious race to the top, and the audience can not help but to get up from their chairs and put the body in neutral.
So definitely an approved meeting with one of the big ones. Catch him while you can.

What: Bryan Ferry.
Where: DR Concert Hall, Friday.

Post subject: Re: copenhagen review
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 3:29 pm 

Google translator is a remarkable generator/creator of poetic phrasing. Here are some I found particular evocative:

Even for the largest await the big sleep before or since

drinking cocktails, kissed and even made children

liquid gold in my ear canals

the female saxophonist was top tough with its warm blow and cool shape,

get up from their chairs and put the body in neutral

definitely an approved meeting with one of the big ones. Catch him while you can.