VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: the paul mcloone show
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:06 am 

DCJ wrote:
W2:
I much admire your dogged perseverance in pushing pushing pushing for a AEWBF live album!!!

May your dream come true! Soon!

Regarding the '74 RAH gig, it will be interesting to hear just how good the original analog recording was, and also how well it was preserved over the past 40 years. If it has the sonic quality of VIVA! then it could be very good. But with all the horns and strings etc, getting the right "mix" could be a bit tricky. Certainly not impossible, but tricky nonetheless....

Cher DCJ,

Il est vrai que Windswept est très persistant but he would love to know the AEWBF story. It was without doubt a career high but nothing to commemorate it despite the fact that the existence of 'The Tollwood Tapes' is proof positive that a quality recording exists. W2 senses a mystery.

You are right about the sound quality of the RAH show. It will be very tricky but l'equipe Ferry are damn clever at these things. N'est-ce pas?

Salutations,
Windswept

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:42 pm 

I wonder why this is being pit out when the (promised?) 2011 tour DVD/ cd is still not out? Makes you wonder!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:31 pm 

In recent years BF has certainly demonstrated a remarkable capacity for putting off/delaying (ignoring?) anything that specifically relates to Roxy Music. Sigh. Apparently his financial situation is such shape that he doesn't need to tap the Roxy well to supplement his income stream... So it goes...

Now that he has raised the possibility of a RAH 74 live album, I hope BF actually follows through and gets it done!!! I think it could be a great "blast from the past" that could prove immensely enjoyable and I would definitely buy the CD pronto upon its release! The only track that wouldn't really excite me is "You Are My Sunshine" - which I think is among his least inspired covers (Good Night Irene is a close second). Of course the live version od YAMS might be great. But I wouldn't bet on it...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:39 am 

Chers amis!

RAH 1974 sounds like an interesting project, far more thrilling than any deluxe/delightful of RM 1. Anyway we got box cd & box vinyl of all RM`s albums. The poor sound of RM 1 seems to be beyond rescue.
Un autre perroquet: Please give us a cd/dvd of Bryan Ferry Orchestra tour!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:45 pm 

DCJ wrote:
The only track that wouldn't really excite me is "You Are My Sunshine" - which I think is among his least inspired covers (Good Night Irene is a close second). Of course the live version od YAMS might be great. But I wouldn't bet on it...

Cher DCJ,
Mois non plus !
But it will be fabulous to hear live renditions of 'Another Time Another Place', 'Tracks Of My Tears' , 'Sympathy For The Devil' and 'Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever'.
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:16 pm 

W2:
I agree, there's no question but that The RAH show could be a real treat. Perhaps we'll get lucky and it will be available for Xmas!!! Can't wait!
DCJ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:46 pm 

How about a double feature?-)

"Bryan Ferry at the Royal Albert Hall in desember 74 AND november 2013".
(The deluxe version includes a DVD from the 2013 show)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:23 pm 

Uwe2 wrote:
How about a double feature?-)

"Bryan Ferry at the Royal Albert Hall in desember 74 AND november 2013".
(The deluxe version includes a DVD from the 2013 show)

Cher Uwe2,

What a brilliant idea ! Maybe it could be called 'Another Time. Same Place'.

It would be interesting to know what was recorded during the AEWBF tour - it really is quite strange that nothing has been released.

Salutations,

W2