VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: A fruity baritone
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:57 pm 

People seem to be ignoring the fact that I love Roxy Music and most of Ferry's work . I have done since i was 14. This is a forum for DISCUSSION - Not blind faith. The sad thing is that I speak the truth. Every point I make, whether you are honest enough to admit it or not.... is valid. People may bury their heads in the sand and gush on and on but there is very little to gush about these days. And Mr Windswept .... Positioning yourself as your hero's spokesperson ... Reality check ?!?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:23 am 

Sorry Gardner;

I, For One,
Agree With Windswept

And I Am
Quite Sure
Bryan Would Be Very Happy
To Have Him as His Spokesperson... 8-)

And Again
I Am Happy
Thrilled

That Bryan is Still Able
To Do
What He Does Best...

In All His Fabulous Editions

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:23 am 

Sorry Gardner;

I, For One,
Agree With Windswept

And I Am
Quite Sure
Bryan Would Be Very Happy
To Have Him as His Spokesperson... 8-)

And Again
I Am Happy
Thrilled

That Bryan is Still Able
To Do
What He Does Best...

In All His Fabulous Editions

Ha!

Attachments:
ICON_Novebre_2014-1030x615.jpeg
ICON_Novebre_2014-1030x615.jpeg [ 123.81 KiB | Viewed 9613 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:11 am 

Well, although I might phrase or frame it a bit more softly, I am basically sympathetic to Gardner's point of view. Without belaboring the point, I bought a copy of Avonmore, listened to it a couple of times, and now I have no idea where it is. It holds no interest for me. And that's pretty much the story of Frantic, Olympia, as well as Avonmore. (The one BIG exception being Reason or Rhyme which I regularly listen to on my work computer)

NONETHELESS, I am much looking forward to seeing BF in concert next month, and happily parted with $300 to get a pair of fifth row center seats. Realistically, this gig will probably be the end of the line for me seeing BF in concert, but for some reason it is not freighted with ominous thoughts of time slipping away and getting old. My plan is simply to enjoy myself and not worry about the frailty of BF's voice. Will it all go according to plan? Hmmm. Hard to say. I certainly don't expect perfection, but my fingers are crossed that his voice will be good enough so that it won't be an issue in terms of limiting my enjoyment...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:06 am 

MR GARDNER, When you replied with a apology I took my hat of to you. Fan*******tastic..... But you then returned with a thinly veiled berate. Ok your a life long fan. I honestly wish I loved every piece of work Bryan put out and I wish I loved his singing of late, like TERESA. I just prefer his older work and singing. I still buy his later albums and listen to them. I Have spent a lot of time and money on equipment, mostly to listen to Roxy Music and Bryan Ferry, so I understand the need for holding on to something, for me mainly in the past. The fact that he is attracting new fans with his later work speaks volumes. Anyone who loves all of his work and puts Bryan on a pedestal, I'm happy for you and wish I could be the same. There doesn't need to be any personal attacks. No negative comment is needed to anybody who is positive......

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:46 am 

Gardner wrote:
The sad thing is that I speak the truth.

No, you don't. You're just thinking that you do. What in fact you're doing is stating a very subjective opinion in a way as if it was an objective and absolute truth, and you're doing that in a very rude manner. If Bryan's current voice or style of singing doesn't work for you - bad luck. Others, like me, love it. Nobody forces you to buy his albums or go to his concerts.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:35 pm 

[quote="Gardner"]Dearest Mr Windypops ..
Enough with the 'fatuous'. No amount of fruity French conversation and 'Ooh La La ing' from yourself can hide the fact that you are desperately hanging on to past glories and that life for you will forever be one big 1974..etc etc

Gardner, this is just plain rude..

Uwe2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:20 pm 

Yes , unfortunately i have been rude - I did attempt an apology.. but after Mr W's ticking off I felt driven to take him to task again in a later post :( Basically , over the last few months , whenever i've popped into this forum ... I have despaired at the lack of honesty and head burying that goes on... and in a kind of 'Bi polar'/ tourettes blip I decided to react against it in an unfortunate series of unruly diatribes .. Please don't take them that seriously - i was just enjoying getting carried away with myself ...most of the histrionics were in jest. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:09 pm 

I hope we can stop rowing and put this behind us.

I remember an interview yonks ago when Bryan said "sometimes I hear my stuff and wonder "How on earth could I have released THAT?!!" Then again, we know how critical Bryan is of himself.

It would be interesting to find out from him which works he was referring to, and whether he still feels that way.

The general opinion of Roxy, apparently, was that they should never have released Pyjamarama - which is my favourite single. So what do they know!?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:42 pm 

I think Bryan said that he could`t hear himself in there talking about the Mamouna album. That sounds more like some rhetorics meant for a journalist in the context of this thread, and how his voice is today. This thread shows that there is a "Leonard Cohen" factor going on, and that some of us men don`t see the appeal of this, me included.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next