VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tyne And Wear
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:13 am 
Site Owner

It was nice to meet Teresa and her family all the way from USA over for the Mouth Of The Tyne show as well as Rendezvous and the other 'usual suspects' down the front.

J.O'B.

Post subject: Re: Tyne And Wear
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:56 am 

Thank You John!!

It was Such a Pleasure to meet all my Fellow Ferryistas.....
You and Lovely Kate, Wee Edward,
The Fabulous, Lovely Roxy, Rendezvous, and many new friends

It Was Absolutely Perfect....
The sun came out...

Front Row!

Bryan was Wonderful, Every Song was Perfect...
Best Birthday Ever !!!

I have So Many great pictures but these are the only ones I could size to fit

Attachments:
20160707_151618_HDR~2~2.jpg
20160707_151618_HDR~2~2.jpg [ 208.77 KiB | Viewed 11530 times ]
20160707_161027_HDR~2~2~2.jpg
20160707_161027_HDR~2~2~2.jpg [ 225.21 KiB | Viewed 11533 times ]
20160707_165429_HDR~2~2~2~2~2.jpg
20160707_165429_HDR~2~2~2~2~2.jpg [ 240.91 KiB | Viewed 11533 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:36 pm 

Hi John,

Thanks for putting the Wear in there.

It was a fantastic, perfect day. Absolutely heartwarming to meet you, your family, and the extended Roxy members that haunt these hallowed halls.

To the beautiful Roxy, Lynne, Monica, Claudie, and more, my thanks for their friendship and kind comments.

My apologies to the Geordie lass for accepting her kisses before she realised I was a mackem.

And to Teresa, thank you for travelling over from America and making the day so special, I'm sorry you didn't get to meet Bryan, but hey, we were right in front
of him with the best view. And he smiled when I shouted "Gerrin Son!"

I wish W2 had been there.

So many nice things happened last week back home, a cabbie picked me up at Seaburn (on my way to meet Teresa and her family), and he used to be in the band This year's girl, managed by legendary north east promoter Geoff Docherty.
And my brother Kevin has just told me the local north east itv news showed me and my mate
Jeff doing the Bryan "dip and sway" during their review of the festival.

The itv reporter nicked my brother's frozen margarita by the way.

Love to you all.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:50 pm 

Dear Rendezvous,

That Was the Best First Ferry Fandango I could have Ever Hoped for!
The Friends, Ferry and the Weather

All Priceless
I am So Very Very Happy that You Loved it

And To Have Been a Part of it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:51 pm 

Tynemouth Travels............A great visit to Northumberland for a few days holiday and to see Bryan Ferry perform at The Tynemouth Priory & Castle and what a great night it was. I am not too keen on Seeing Bryan/Roxy at outdoor festivals as it can be a mixed crowd but the Mouth of Tyne Festival was four concerts with a different artist each night. More like a normal concert with support than a day of different acts and having to wait for the top of the bill. We went to check out the venue the day before and decide whether to drive or take the Metro etc. They were still setting up the stage and it was all closed off but one of the supervisors on the gate saw me trying to take some photos through the gate and let me in to have a look. As we wondered round it started to rain and we hoped that wouldn't happen on the night as the stage was set where the land curves out into the sea so wind & rain or the "sea fret" would not make for a nice evening and Bryan might have needed two scarves to keep his tonsils warm! Up here we call it the sea haar, the cold mist that comes in off the North Sea......usually when the rest of the country is basking in sunshine and heat!! We need not have worried as the weather on the day couldn't have been better. A bit of rain was forecast for around tea time when we would have been queuing to get in but that did not happen and as we stood in the queue waiting the sun came out and things were looking good. In to the venue and a power walk down to the stage area and a place at the centre front on the barrier was waiting along with some of the usual suspects. Blues skies now and the sun beating down.......just as well it was at our back as my sunglasses were in the bag that my other half had wandered off with. Local lass Nadine Shah was the support and she was pretty good. Time for the main event and as the band took to the stage it was great to see that Fonzie was back on board with the gang as he had not been in attendance at some of the last few shows. Also on stage again was the new boy Linus Taylor who I think may be on board for the rest of the tour.

Bryan was on great form, complete with scarf which stayed on for the whole concert..............not taking any chances despite the warm sunshine bathing the stage and the crowd. A couple of new old songs were added to the set list which we had not heard at any of the previous shows we had been at over the Avonmore tour dates of 2015/16. Delighted to hear Both Ends Burning for the first time in a long while and then two extra songs added which were not on the set list, Editions and then Hold On, I'm Coming. A great Festival set list and I was thrilled that Beauty Queen (the in-out-in-out song) was back in for this show. If I was told I could only listen to one song, one last time then this would be my request.

Well worth the trip and the added bonus of chatting to TGPT once again. Even better to have him join us in the pub after the show. As always half the fun of getting to these shows is meeting up with friends, old and new but we missed those who didn't make it this time. A brilliant night indeed.......great setting......great weather......great music......great company.

It was a shame that Like a Hurricane was not included in the show which was one of the tracks we heard them rehearse. Maybe it is only a song the use in the run through but It would have been be nice to hear it again. It was also nice to have a really friendly bunch of stewards at Tynemouth which makes such a difference to the night.

It was great to meet up again with our host and the other usual suspects and some of the new faces but well known names that I have seen here many times over the years. I decided to get into the queue early as there were lots of people attending with their picnic chairs and supplies so the crowd would be a bit too spread out for my taste. In the queue I found myself next to Teresa and her family all the way from the US and it was great to chat with you Teresa. I hope you made it up to Edinburgh for a quick visit. It was also great to meet the charming Rendezvous, I see you enjoyed the show too. I was sorry not to have another chat with you both after the show.

I hope any of the forum members here who are going to the upcoming shows in Canada & the US have a great time and enjoy your shows when they come. That was the last show for us until.............................Another Time, Another Place perhaps?

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:06 am 

Roxy, a beautiful summation of the event.

Tynemouth bathed in sunshine, tall ships proud nearby, it was glorious.

We'll all meet again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:33 am 

:D 8-)
Agree
You Are Mint Roxy and Rendezvous...

As are all our Fellow Ferryistas
Roxologists
Ferryfans