VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Merchandise
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:04 pm 

I wondered if some of the rolling images at the top of the page are for illustration purposes only and perhaps photo shopped?

Has anyone ever seen the black FYP image T-Shirt with the scooped neck and longer shirt tail shape at the back? I have not seen it appear in any of the categories when I have looked and I don't think I saw it on sale at any of the UK venues.

8-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:09 am 

I think the photo stayed the same on the sweater page, don't think that woman was wearing a scoop neck sweater before. Just noticed in the banner because you told me now. If there really is a difference I might be interested to buy it if it's not too big. Maybe you can measure it exactly...if there is a difference.
But I guess we better wait for a reply from the costumers service. My guess is that they were unisex (men) sweaters from the beginning and the banner shows something that was never available? Ladies sweaters are usually quite small compared to mens. I always buy a large or x-large if it's unisex often a Medium.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:04 am 

With advance apologies if this thread within a thread has started to bore everyone, except perhaps Herci... ;)

I had an extended game of email ping pong with Customer Services and it appears that there is only one type of sweat shirt, which was described in the correspondence as unisex.

It does, however, have the wider, scooped neckline; my guess is that it was designed as a women's item, but that they realise that they'll probably sell more by describing it as unisex!

They gave the approximate chest measurements as 44 inches (or 56 cm from pit to pit) for L and 46 inches (58.5 cm) for XL. I can confirm this for the latter, although I think they feel smaller (I'm about a 42 inch chest, but wear this item in XL), perhaps because they are thinner (not fleece lined) than some sweatshirts.

Oh, and the men's Kari-Ann t-shirt does have the band name on the back; it's in the item description, but not in the photo.

Now, when are they going to reduce the price of the Country Life umbrellas?! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:55 pm 

:lol: thanks Smudge, good to know the exact sizes. Probably need a Medium then... Indeed it is very confusing. But I sort of figured it was a marketing move.
Thanks for the effort! :)