VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Olympia - Favourable Reviews
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:46 pm 

I played Olympia about 5 times now, not that much but in perfect circumstances (headphones Iphone + in my car on my own), it seems enough for my final judgement (final... so far) ... and I like it!!! Frankly, I was a bit afraid, after all the negative rumours, I feared our Bryan would have let him drag too much into the dance scene and try to keep up with the youth, but I'm pleased with the result. I don't think it's his best album ever, but he can be proud on what he realised. Some songs such as Shameless need to grow on me (I still prefer his more slower, melancholic songs), but I think he did a good job. Sometimes I wonder if less surroundingsounds would make it even stronger, but that is my only point of criticism, and still it's not a major one. Thanks Bry!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:10 pm 

I have listened to the album about 20 times now. Everywhere, in my room, car, at school where I work in my free hours...
I LOVE IT
First I really liked the alphaville leo zero remix, so alphaville was the one I liked most in the beginning.
But now I prefer song to the siren and reason or rhyme.
Also love shameless (the bass woaw!). You can dance/ me oh my are really cool as well.
BF bass and you can dance sound quite ok.
Whatever gets you is fine.
Don't really like tender is the night, it's too softy...for my feelings.
Can't even remember how one night sounds, so I must have skipped that one. And heartache by numbers is weird, I don't like but don't hate it... strange song.
No face no name no number is nothing special...

Overall a very nice album, can't stop playing it.
(My BF favourites are bete noire and mamouna)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:00 pm 

I've played it a few times now and I like it. No fantastic songs, but it's still full of good stuff. I like the prominent backing singers. Gives him a different sound. I got the deluxe version and I'm very impressed with the cover and layout as well. The covers for Frantic and Dylanesque were very disappointing, but this one is great. First time Bryan's featured a solo female on the cover of one of his solo albums as well.