VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: New Tour Dates for 2017!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:37 am 

The one Ferry record I haven't bought is Bryan Ferry live 2015. I can't explain. Really.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:53 am 

Bought my tickets for Munich Circus Krone today - 91 € each one - front row. That's ok for me. You never know if it's the last time ... Looking forward to the show 8-) .

@ avalon_eyes: I enjoy 'Ferry 2015 Live' because it's a kind of summing-up of his creative work but I don't like most of his remix stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:14 pm 

I am sure that if UK dates are announced at reasonable £s I will go, mainly because sooner or later it will be the last time (we all know), but it concerns me that this seems like once again a fairly densely packed itinerary for the great man's larynx to cope with (11 shows in 22 days, pretty much 1 day on and 1 day off). In 2015 this sort of scheduling was criticised as being responsible for the cancellation of the last UK shows in June 2015 when the voice gave out. Hoped lessons had been learned.

Is the tour in support of the Avonmore album really going into a 4th year? Great to see him playing but something new would be better.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:43 am 

Playing on alternate nights seems to have worked well this year, so hopefully True2Life's fears will be groundless; the most recent cancellations were, from memory, after singing on two or sometimes three successive nights without a break.

I quite fancy Krakow, but the flights from London are not as cheap as I'd hoped; Milan is looking favourite for me at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:05 pm 

Smudge wrote:
I quite fancy Krakow, but the flights from London are not as cheap as I'd hoped.....

Could that be the Brexit effect kicking in, Smudge? Ticket prices will be similarly affected when we convert them back to sterling. I don't remember Bojo et al telling us that the cost of watching our hero perform on foreign shores would suffer if we voted Leave. I demand a recount!

That said, I managed to pick up a return flight from Edinburgh to Berlin for £65 which I am pretty pleased with.

I think that you are right about the alternate night touring strategy. BF's voice is a fragile instrument nowadays so he is obviously doing what he can to keep it in working order and keep the show on the road - although it must add to his touring costs to skip income on so many nights which, in turn, presumably make their way to the ticket prices.

PS - for those, like myself, who are put off by front row ticket prices, there is standing room only in front of the stage at the Berlin gig. So no pumped up prices to get close to the action - just turn up early enough to get to the front of the queue.