VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: BF 2017 Tour with TGPT!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:50 pm 

I bought Chris's "One Step Ahead of the Blues" on the Frantic tour.

I only expect to hear BF or RM songs played at a Ferry concert and would be surprised if any of the other musicians were invited to play one of their own songs on stage...........there is quite a long list of possibilities considering how many supporting musicians he has played with over the years. :)

The Bryan Ferry Live 2015 CD was kept quiet until the day before the Perth concert so perhaps the RAH 1974 CD will follow the same path.........only on sale on the website and at shows when the 2017 tour starts in early March. Just a thought. :)

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:07 am 

Roxy, you might be right that the RAH Concert cd will be this year's version of the "2015 Live" cd that was promoted/sold in conjunction with the 2016 Tour.

I like the 2015 Live cd and have wondered exactly how many have been sold via the BF website and at concert venues? As a marketing model did it make sense? I paid 30 US Dollars for my copy (at the Philly gig in July) which wasn't cheap, but it was hardly outrageous. So if he has sold 2000 copies that would be about $60,000 gross. So what did production costs come to? In other words, how many had to be sold to break even and get to a profit? Just wondering.

It seems to me that the RAH Concert might be released in conjunction with the 2017 Tour, but that it would be more widely available, at least on Amazon. And what about an iTunes version? Hmmm. We'll have see what transpires...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:30 pm 

With the RAH release in mind, BF.com currently states "The official Bryan Ferry website shop is currently being moved.
Look forward to new items and a re-launch very shortly!"
Potentially promising.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:54 pm 

Ahahaha :lol:

Yay !!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:03 pm 

First of all: Good to have the forum back, John - thanks for your efforts!

I am really looking forward to Bryan's show in Munich and especially to TGPT's drumming 8-) . In 2010 (Roxy in Bonn) he had been replaced by Andy Newmark, due to a sudden illness. I hope Bryan and Paul take good care of themselves now ...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:04 pm 

UKRichard wrote:
With the RAH release in mind, BF.com currently states "The official Bryan Ferry website shop is currently being moved.
Look forward to new items and a re-launch very shortly!"
Potentially promising.

.........and all know how long "very shortly" could be! :shock:

Paul was looking well when we saw Lindisfarne and chatted to him at Kinross in December. :)

https://youtu.be/QDTVGpyMlq0

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:47 pm 

Chers amis!
I am also delighted to see Spedding & TGPT back in the band. How about more changes? The main thing, in my opinion, is that Jorja stays! Although the band sounded very good last year, some more replacements would probably not harm. The background singers from Olympia tour please! I don't dare - almost - to mention Ollie and Colin G!
By the way, I never understood the enomania. He did not write a single note for RM - and yet it seems to me that he is regarded as a foundation of RM. I have nothing against him at all, but why this misplaced adoration?