VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! BREAKING NEWS!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:19 pm 

Good Mid-Afternoon Fellow Roxyologists And Ferryistas! It's Lori! I have some Major League Bryan Ferry U.S.A. Tour 2017 News to report! For the Very FIRST Time In Bryan Ferry's 40-Plus Year Career History, and for the VERY First Time in U.S.A. Music History There will be A BRYAN FERRY WITH STRINGS CONCERT! Yes That is correct Fellow Viva Roxy Music Discussion Board Forum Members You have read that Right! August 26TH 2017 will mark another Historic and Monumental event in Bryan Ferry's Illustrious Career. Bryan ferry will be making His HOLLYWOOD BOWL Debut! As he will be performing at This Historic and Iconic Venue on the Night of August 26TH 2017 at 8:00 P.M! He will be performing and will be joined by THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL ORCHESTRA! So U.S.A. Based Fans will be able to experience what many U.K. and European Based Fans have been able to experience through out the Years of Bryan Ferry's Solo Career! If I was in a much better Place Financially and Economically I would be booking Flight Tickets and buying Concert tickets for This One! As This will truly be a Once-In-A-Lifetime Concert Event for the Ages.I would have never expected to have a Bryan Ferry With Strings Concert commencing on U.S.A. Soil in any of Our Lifetimes! Bryan be as HEALTHY as A Horse and Bring Your A-Game for this! Your Band has to be working on all Cylendars and working like a Well-Oiled Machine with The Hollywood Bowl Orchestra! I have read this amazing News on the Bryan ferry @ Net World Face Book Web-Site page that is a well researched and well worked on Fan-Page There. It was scanned and posted On that page Today! Very Happy and much congratulations to Bryan Ferry and His current Band for This Invitation! Love to all fans Who inhabit These Hallowed Cyber Halls Of Justice, Lori.

Post subject: Re: EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT! BREAKING NEWS!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:03 pm 

I thought this might be a wind up but I took a look at the Hollywood Bowl schedule and sure enough, there it is. I've only ever been to the Hollywood Bowl once (to see Harry Connick) and remember it was a real pain to get to (expensive, stacked parking) and the venue itself is expensive. I'll take a look at how much tickets are but may just give this one a miss.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:26 am 

http://hollywoodbowl.com/tickets/bryan- ... 2017-08-26

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:31 pm 

Looks like a week in LA for me. And my wife's birthday is two days later, anyone know a good romantic resteraunt there? Too bad WS2 isn't here to comment. I know he loved the Dublin concert. Maybe they will film it and release it as a DVD. They will make WS2 very happy.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:04 pm 

John,
Any idea if he will be doing other shows (other than the 1 in L.A.)with the strings in the U.S.?
Seems odd that he does a dozen shows this March, then would come back in summer for just 1 "strings" concert ??
thx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:41 pm 

John,
Will there be a fan presale for the Hollywood Bowl Concert?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:50 am 
Site Owner

I have no other information on the Hollywood show, the first I knew about it is when I saw it posted here.

I will see what I can find out.

J.O'B.