VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: In Your Mind '77
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:51 am 

owhawell wrote:
I think IYM is one of BF finest solo albums, but I also think it is a piece of significant evidence that AM was the "vital" Roxy ingredient.

I've studied those liner notes over and over and I can't find the Emperor credited anywhere? Can you tell me where to look? Or is there no accreditation and you know something we don't? If so, please share.

Re Tokyo Joe, although I no longer skip it, the lyrics are somewhat cringe worthy aren't they, bordering on racist actually!

"Ah so"? Pleeeeaaaase!!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:42 pm 

I stand to be corrected on this one but I think that you might have misinterpreted what Oliver is saying here, Stabbs.

I think his point is that although IYM is a fine album, without input from Andy it just isn’t Roxy. In other words, Andy’s crucial contribution to the Roxy sound is illustrated by his absence on this album.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:12 pm 

Disappointed, but not surprised that there has been no mention of the contribution that Chris Spedding made to this album. Perhaps there are no fellow guitar players who can actually appreciate what he did :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:04 am 

Avondale wrote:
I stand to be corrected on this one but I think that you might have misinterpreted what Oliver is saying here, Stabbs.

I think his point is that although IYM is a fine album, without input from Andy it just isn’t Roxy. In other words, Andy’s crucial contribution to the Roxy sound is illustrated by his absence on this album.

Oh! I see what you mean! Yes, totally misread that one, thank you Avondale.

Also, I suppose with Manzo and TGPT already on IYM, the inclusion of the Emperor Himself would probably (contractually?) mean it would have had to be released as a Roxy album?

Plus, 1977, AM would have probably still been finishing Rock Follies #2 prior to visiting China.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:48 pm 

Roger wrote:
Disappointed, but not surprised that there has been no mention of the contribution that Chris Spedding made to this album. Perhaps there are no fellow guitar players who can actually appreciate what he did :(

This is the record that made me a dedicated Spedding fan. I was lucky to live in New York during this periord and saw him often with the Necessaries, Robert Gordon and as a solo act. I was even at the taping of his live record, Friday The 13th and can hear myself in the background crowd.

Spedding's playing on IYM is stellar. The man is a Rock God.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 am 

Well said EERO! With no effects pedals CS was doing something different to most guitar players at that time.