VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Tours UK in 2018
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:02 am 

The first thing I thought when I saw the image was the dark tux he wore in 1974 at his first solo shows.......the live CD RAH 74......maybe the set would be a return to that era and the setlist will be a selection of material from TFT & ATAP. :) :)

We can but dream. :) 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:32 pm 

Roxy wrote:
The first thing I thought when I saw the image was the dark tux he wore in 1974 at his first solo shows.......the live CD RAH 74......maybe the set would be a return to that era and the setlist will be a selection of material from TFT & ATAP. :) :)

We can but dream. :) 8-)

Cher Roxy,

That was W2's reflection when he saw the poster . That and the fact that it would be a great opportunity to market the '74 RAH DVD/CD on the tour - if only those Studio One walls had ears !

Windswept has a good feeling about this.

Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:10 pm 

Agreed, it conjures up thoughts of the RAH show. I had imagined this would be a relatively low key release between 'original' albums but if it is to be toured then this is exciting given so little of the material has been performed live since and the RAH gig preceded my first Roxy/Ferry attendance by a year.
If anticipation is a motive for the artwork, it's been well-pitched. :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:32 pm 

[quote="UKRichard"]Agreed, it conjures up thoughts of the RAH show. I had imagined this would be a relatively low key release between 'original' albums .....

Cher UKRichard,

W2 pensait la meme chose but if the 'live' album was a real earner and it probably was - this could be a great model going forward.

Not that it's all about wonga but given the changed nature of the music industry's revenue streams it would be interesting to know which album put more silver in our hero's well tailored pocket - Avonmore or Live '15 ?

If our suspicions are correct it will be fascinating to see the line-up.
As a minimum he is going to need an ATGB type of configuration.

Hopefully we may see the return of Colin Good - that may not be universally popular with the cognoscenti but W2 remains a confirmed and enthusiastic Goodist. The Ferry & Good years were truly golden.

Salutations,

W2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:51 pm 

Hopefully we may see the return of Colin Good
Sorry WS2:

I hope we doesn`t see him on this or every other tour. My opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:08 pm 

Quote:
Hopefully we may see the return of Colin Good

I agree Cher Windswept, he divides opinion, but I always find myself in agreement with you on this. CG was omnipresent through years that were a musical and critical peak for both Roxy and Bryan and his contribution seemed inestimable. Whether he comes back I suppose depends on the desire on either side to make it happen and in no small part on the circumstances in which the two men went their separate ways. I for one would like to see them collaborate again. For all Bryan's many artistic and songwriting successes, ATGB is, in my opinion, probably his finest (solo) achievement.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:03 pm 

An interesting debate! I love Colin for his musicality, and particularly the intro to ASFE on the reunion tour. But his approach is perhaps too traditional. I don't know. On balance I would welcome him back.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:51 am 

I’ve never whinged about ticket prices but Up Close and Personal.. but wow,125 pounds for the Apollo?
Plus, I am really not sure about the RAH live album thread. Tickets on sale within 2 days of announcement , plus I don’t think anyone was expecting it.
I feel sure this is the British leg of the 2017 world tour.
Last year’s Uk gigs were part of the Avonmore tour.

Ps.. am going anyway, not rows 1-6 , or whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:13 am 

Got momentarily excited there; Hammersmith five days before my birthday :D

Then saw the prices :o

Utterly ridiculous, £40 restricted view standing? My contempt for this man is reaching new heights.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:40 am 

avalon_eyes wrote:
I’ve never whinged about ticket prices but Up Close and Personal.. but wow,125 pounds for the Apollo?
Plus, I am really not sure about the RAH live album thread. Tickets on sale within 2 days of announcement , plus I don’t think anyone was expecting it.
I feel sure this is the British leg of the 2017 world tour.
Last year’s Uk gigs were part of the Avonmore tour.

Ps.. am going anyway, not rows 1-6 , or whatever.

Yeah normally an album announcement comes and there is usually a tour that goes along with the announcement so this was a little out the blue.

I was thinking that maybe the RAH live album will be like the 2015 live album and released to coincide with the tour. Although we're looking forward to the album I can't imagine it being a big commercial seller so maybe he will sell it on tour and his web shop?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next