VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry Tours UK in 2018
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:22 am 

Tickets booked for Hammersmith!
Saw him at the Royal Festival Halll in 1999 and RAH in 2013. Both great, hopefully just as good at the Apollo where I have never been.
Traveling from northern Norway and hotel in London costs much more than the concert ticktets anyway... :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:32 am 

Uwe2 wrote:
Tickets booked for Hammersmith!
Saw him at the Royal Festival Halll in 1999 and RAH in 2013. Both great, hopefully just as good at the Apollo where I have never been.
Traveling from northern Norway and hotel in London costs much more than the concert ticktets anyway... :)

Bravo Uwe2 The Windswepts are in albeit if Brighton comes up we may change venue.

It will ge great - our hero never let's us down. The FerryFix is scheduled.

Salutations,

W2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:11 pm 

no Cardiff which is a bit disappointing but Colston Hall Bristol not too far away and where I saw them live for first time on Manifesto Tour. BTW anyone on here go the Stranded concert in Cardiff which is first time they appeared in Wales. If so any recollections?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:49 pm 

I got two row 'F' seats in the stalls at Manchester for £170, inclusive of all manner of poncy fees (tickets at face value would've been £150). Pretty pleased.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:54 pm 

Utterly ridiculous, £40 restricted view standing? My contempt for this man is reaching new heights.

FWIW, I wouldn't consider the standing view from the rear stalls at Hammersmith to be noticeably restricted.

I saw Bonnie Raitt there about 18 months ago and my view was certainly no worse than I would have had from the seats just in front of me.

Whether the price represents VFM is, of course, a personal opinion and views here will doubtless vary.

My bugbear is the fees/extras charged; my £85 ticket cost me just under £98! :x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:07 pm 

"FerryFix" is a good term W2 :)
See you May the 3!

Uwe2

!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:39 am 

A tie-in with the release of a CD of the '74 RAH Concert seems quite plausible, but it's always hard to figure what BF has planned. The Deluxe RM First Album has been awaited so long that I feel that anticipating something BF MIGHT do is an exercise fraught with peril!

The Brit tour 2018 venues strike me as quite sizable and if he can fill them up he will be doing quite well. My sense of the 2017 US concerts was that the front of the house was nicely filled, but not so much the back of the house.

Perhaps the 2018 gigs will feature some tunes that haven't been played in a while, but it seems to me that the last half of the concert will conform to the familiar "hits" format. That's what most of his fans want to hear and he will not disappoint.

It will be interesting to see if there are any changes to the band for 2018. Perhaps the problems that prevented TGPT from joining the 2017 tour will be resolved and he'll be able to join in for 2018. Luke Bullen is a good drummer but it would be nice for TGPT to join BF again. And if the '74 RAH gig is to be released as a CD it would make sense to have TGPT back on the skins. But this is just conjecture.

Finally, I would be happy to see the return of Colin Good.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:09 am 

Just wondering that the preponderance of concert halls that perhaps this could be more of the Hollywood Bowl Concert with strings type affair?
That would make W2 very happy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:43 am 

Surely if this was to be an orchestra tour , it would be marketed as such.
Ferry’s camp offer very little to go on, except ever increasing seat tariffs.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:41 am 

avalon_eyes wrote:
Surely if this was to be an orchestra tour , it would be marketed as such.
Ferry’s camp offer very little to go on, except ever increasing seat tariffs.

Hipsters,
avalon_eyes may be correct but on the other hand it may be a work in progress.
Windswept thinks that if it were this years show, he would have used this years advertisement.
Given that there is a new creative reminiscent of RAH '74, and the fact that our hero told a journalist, at the end of this year's US leg, that he was looking forward to returning home and working on something completely, leads W2 to think this tour will be new.
Also, his site indicates that there will be more 'global' dates indicates that this could be the start of a new world tour.
Finally, he did play two nights at Hampton Court this year that probably attracted a significant proportion of his Home Counties fans, if he turned up at the Apollo with the same show, he may find his bow tie turns into a noose!
Mais nous verrons ce que nous verrons.

AzArtist wrote:
Just wondering that the preponderance of concert halls that perhaps this could be more of the Hollywood Bowl Concert with strings type affair?
That would make W2 very happy.

Hipsters,
AzArtist is so correct - a tour featuring an ATGB band configuration would make Windswept more excited than he could respectably describe in this hallowed cyber hall.
He lives in hope.
Salutations,
W2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next