VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New interview with Bryan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:58 am 

Bryan and Brian. Possible future project? :shock: :o 8-)

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/02/ ... him-again/

Post subject: Re: New interview with Bryan
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:28 am 

Cher amis!

Thanks a lot, Robertron, very interesting interview. Poorl old Bobby! As a dog lover myself, I know how it feels when your faithful companion has gone.
for me the equation is simple: BF = RM = BF. Et alors... X = BF! Now I am much happier to see Bryan's new Roxy Music than the dinosaurs from the past - just think about the tired appearance they made in 2011.
Please, someone, send in the set list from Basel!
Salutations de Naxos!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:46 pm 

Oberon wrote:

... Poorl old Bobby! As a dog lover myself, I know how it feels when your faithful companion has gone ......
.....just think about the tired appearance they made in 2011.
Please, someone, send in the set list from Basel!
Salutations de Naxos!

Mes Amis,
Interesting interview and very sad about Bobby. Windswept always has dogs in his life and knows how sad it is when they pass - part of you goes with them.
Au dela de ca, mais oui, Oberon is correct, 2011 was a sad affair and it is best to look forward and what a better way to do it than with an acoustic fandango in Basel is on 17th March
Windswept wishes he was going but is afraid to discuss it with Mrs W.
Salutations,
Windswept

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:40 pm 

This would be something I would want to hear. I think “I thought” is up there with best that Bryan has done, and a Ferry-Eno release would have enough cachet to grab attention without the pressure of a full Roxy album. Oblique Strategies may also loosen the writers block with lyrics.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:45 pm 

Vinny wrote:
This would be something I would want to hear. I think “I thought” is up there with best that Bryan has done, and a Ferry-Eno release would have enough cachet to grab attention without the pressure of a full Roxy album. Oblique Strategies may also loosen the writers block with lyrics.

Hedonistic Hipsters,
Wise words from "vinny".
Windswept likes some of the feather boa's work. Particularly the stuff he did with Daniel Lanois and if 'I Thought' sets the standard - bring it on.
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:34 pm 

I Thought was a decent lyric on BF's part, but was it a truly great song overall? I'm not convinced. Good? Sure. Great? Count me in the skeptical camp...

And don't forget that the first post-'73 BF/Eno collaboration was Wildcat Days on Mamouna, which is perhaps the blandest track on the album IMHO...

Anyway, I take the notion of a BF/Eno "reunion" with a big grain of salt. Yes, it might happen. Who knows the future?

But if Eno couldn't be enticed to provide an interview related to the genesis of the first RM album for the Deluxe Reissue, then his interest in becoming involved with BF on some major recording endeavor strikes me as a long shot. However, we live in strange times and anything is possible...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:52 am 

Sad news about Bobby the pooch, indeed. The loss of a beloved pet always hits hard.

Regarding a BF/BE joint venture, I would hope that there is a mix of genuine experimentation and chance taking to it, rather than an overly airy, delicate whispery ambient fest. While I dig that approach for a few numbers (believe me, I have the BF, BE, BE & RF discs to prove it), but I think they (and we) would be better served with some noise, and avant-distorto rhythms mixed in. Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:17 pm 

Robertron wrote:

Regarding a BF/BE joint venture, I would hope that there is a mix of genuine experimentation and chance taking to it, rather than an overly airy, delicate whispery ambient fest. While I dig that approach for a few numbers (believe me, I have the BF, BE, BE & RF discs to prove it), but I think they (and we) would be better served with some noise, and avant-distorto rhythms mixed in. Just sayin'.

I would definitely second this, should such a collaboration occur I would like to hear un-easy listening and experimentation. Bryan, however seems to only occasionally make forays in this direction these days, although he often mentions the aspiration for spontaneity and creativity in interviews.