Post subject: 2018 Set List
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:13 am 
Site Owner

The show by show set lists for the 2018 tour can be found here:

http://www.vivaroxymusic.com/tours_41_setlist.php

J.O'B.

Post subject: Re: 2018 Set List
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:39 am 

Has it changed at all for the latest shows? Anyone who was there care to let us know. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:39 pm 

Apparently not:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bryan-fe ... d5b63.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:36 pm 
Site Owner

I have updated the set list page:

http://www.vivaroxymusic.com/tours_41_setlist.php

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:34 am 

Perpetual Procrastinators,

The needle appears to be stuck !

Back in the day stamping on a floor board near the turntable could do the trick but on this occasion W2 thinks it's going to take 'More Than This'.

Hipsters who attended last year's Paris fandango may have been less than amused to get 'The Same Old Scene' again !

Perhaps it's a 'Sign Of The Times' but this is all starting to have the whiff of the never-ending farewell. Maximum bucks for le minimum de travail peut - etre ?

Not a good story and certainly Windswept can't see any 'Reason Or Rhyme' why our hero would want to visit the same towns or even the same countries with practically the same set list.

W2 would need complete reassurance that any future fandango is 'Re-made/Re-modeled' before he parts with any more of his hard earned wonga.

Il trouve tout cela un peu triste pour les fans. It is all a little 'Shameless'.

Salutations a tous.

Windswept

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:58 am 

I suspect 99% of the audience at each show are hearing this particular set list for the first time. Its only us fanatics that go to more than 1 show (I did Oxford & B'ham) are the majority even aware that the set list changes minimally? Its been the same since 1972, set lists for a tour are mainly set by almost every singer/group and adhered too.
It's a great set list that appeals to some of the audience all of the time. There are many that love Oh Yeah and are completely uninterested in EDHAH and vice versa.
What seems to have been missed about this tour that it is a Bryan Ferry tour, they are his songs (except 2 covers which he's expected to play), his compositions (couple of co-writes), it's his show.
I loved it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:10 pm 

Triptych - the points you make are well made about the extent to which the setlist of a given tour varies, but the overriding point being made by Windswept and others is the setlist is essentially the same as the last tour.
I'm in agreement with W2 - I'd like to know the next tour promised something radically different before shelling out big bucks to have the same old, same old regurgitated yet again.
I don't agree most people are seeing this for the first time - yes they might be only going to one show on this particular tour, but they're loyal fans that turn up every time BF hits the road so, if they attended last time they're getting pretty much the same show again. I dearly love BF, so it gives me no pleasure at all to say this sounds like laziness and taking the audience for granted.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:10 pm 

UKRichard wrote:

...I don't agree most people are seeing this for the first time - yes they might be only going to one show on this particular tour, but they're loyal fans that turn up every time BF hits the road so, if they attended last time they're getting pretty much the same show again. I dearly love BF, so it gives me no pleasure at all to say this sounds like laziness and taking the audience for granted.

Mes Amis,
UKRichard is correct.
W2 would hazard a guess from his intensive research conducted in bars, toilets, restaurants and hostelries surrounding UK events over a goodly number of years that a good 60% of attendees are repeats.
Of course, we all enjoy the music. It's great stuff. They deliver it well and we aren't going to have a bad time.
Mais nous devons etre sérieux - the same set list two years running !
He's never done this before and it's not a good thing.
Salutations,
Windswept

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:10 pm 

The crowd at the Palladium loved the show , and I think that Triptych makes a sound comment , in that it’s his show, his body of work, with the first two , and the last, Roxy Music albums prominent , alongside the solo material from the mid to late 80’s.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:48 pm 

Quote:
it’s his show

No-one's questioning that, merely pointing out it's a tired old setlist that's virtually unchanged from the last tour. I can almost hear someone about to say 'no-one forces you to go' which is, of course, true. But had this not been billed as a brand new show (or come with the strapline 'same thing we flogged you last time') I might, for the first time in 43 years, have thought twice - especially given the ticket prices.
When it's billed as new and is anything but, it's bordering on a rip off. I'm a loyal fan but I simply can't view this tour through my usual rose-tinted glasses.