VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry - 2019
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:39 am 

But his Team has probably found the right concept to keep the cash flowing and there seem to be sufficient "new" visitors to fill the concert halls. The re-re-re-reprise is a sworn Programme it seems, and the (Lite) band knows when to cover for Byran, and are obviously doing a good Job. The reviews from recent concerts, e.g. Regensburg have been positive.
But for the Roxy/BF die-hards it is tough to take sometimes. Many an opportunity has been missed (e.g. new Roxy CD after the 2001 tour, proper Marketing of the Roxy Deluxe Package, so many....).
Not too keen on him performing at the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg, but as Lonely Dreamer just indicated, many of them will be tourists anyway. So it will be practically sold out and the cash flow guaranteed. I think I need to re-visit Numan, Japan in the meantime. Whatever, at least it was great reading the new posts this morning!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:25 am 

Hmmmpf... OK, my friend and I decided not to go. I was on the eventim ticket server at 10:00:45 and only half of the tickets were "still" available, don't know if I missed any pre-sale. There were still good tickets I could have bought, but the prices are ridiculous. Best category for 172€, second best 149€... the cheapest tickets fourth level, behind the stage, still 69€ - sorry, but no.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:01 pm 

UKRichard wrote:
On the one hand, the stars seem aligned - the '74 live recording has been promised, 2019 is the 45th anniversary of it and a return to the RAH - ......

Hipsters,
An astute observation from UK Richard.
It will indeed be 45 years next year since W2 sallied forth to the RAH to cement his relationship with Solo Ferry.
OK 45 isn’t a round anniversary but at this stage of the game, any excuse for a party is a good one !
Hopefully our hero will use this as an opportunity to ditch the Avonmore tour’s Englebert Humperdinck jacket and slip back into the white tux for a ‘premier evenement ‘
If this comes to pass, Windswept will gladly donn a sandwich board and sell the new cd in the foyer.
We live in hope.
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:12 pm 

Re re re re re count me out. Three ferry gigs including orchestral this year. Minimal performances and crowd engagement even for Bry. I felt like cash flow cow. Same old scene. If New material is released and it ends up getting played in 2019 then I’ll buy tickets from a reseller site. But, for the time being i’ll pass. Too little cheesecake...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:24 pm 

IF he tours the States, I will do the same thing...wait to see what set-list looks like, then if something different then the last several times I saw him, I will buy via Stubhub. Will keep fingers crossed for new set-list/material AND a N. America tour but not counting on either.
Expect the cash grab to roll on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:15 pm 

The only "logical" thing now is that he'll release the RAH dvd, add some songs from TFT and ATAP, and we'll all have a ball. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:26 pm 

it's been obvious for about 4/5 years that any setlist is created to accommodate his ever weakening voice. People yearn for this and that but it makes no difference - he'll still half speak / race through any song - drowned out by the backing singers and unable to express any real emotions. Even the Babylon Berlin stuff , fascinating as it can be at times, is unbearable to listen to - wheezed out in an attempt to sound vintage and exotic . The last time I saw him I was left exhausted and bereft - he rushed through songs - missed out verses with all the aplomb of Stars On 45.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:12 pm 

I realise that my last post sounds waaay harsh ... But I loved Roxy Music and BF - they were partly behind my time at art school , my interest in cinema and literature - they were an introduction to so many different kinds of music and also travel.. I loved Viva Roxy Music when I first heard it - it changed my whole appreciation of live music. and although I dreaded it I thought the Dylanesque tour was wonderful and the jazz age tour was a joy .. Since then though it's all worn thin - I wished he'd write new instrumental stuff for cinema - or do more stuff with Todd Terje with minimal vocals ...I suppose my bombast is partly out of despair and the realisation that all good things should come to a natural end .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:45 pm 

Well, I actually really liked the last set list despite the (prevalent) voice issues and low levels of audience engagement (even for Bry). But I didn’t really enjoy it so many times around. Now, that’s my fault...no-one forced me to go so many times. But over the past few years it’s all been too samey. So, , for me, re this topic, I.e. RAH tickets, I simply cannot muster up any enthusiasm yet for another ticket purchase.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:43 am 

Hipsters,
What great comments.
Naturellement Windswept supports docs idea completely. It would be Ferry nirvana.
W2 also loved Gardner’s one two postings. From le coeur !
Roxysiren is obviously on hiatus and W2 understands his repetitive strain syndrome.
That said, yesterday morning, at 9:00 am precisement, Windswept returned to the Kool Aid well and snaffled good tickets for the RAH.
“Next time is the best time, we all know” and once a Ferry addict always a Ferry addict.
W2 just hopes he dumps the Englebert Humperdinck jacket in favour of the tux.
Salutations a tour,
Windswept

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next