VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Bryan Ferry 2019 Tour - North America Dates Added
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:32 pm 

Some might say that this is just a tricky word play enabling him to please the casual fans while bringing nothing new to the table. However, if he really lives up to what this new tour name promises, it could bring a new awarenes to RM`s legacy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:06 pm 

When I saw that BF is using Avalon The Album to promote his 2019 World Tour I thought: Hmmm, how are PM and AM going to feel about this?!? Why not a Roxy Music tour to promote a Roxy Music album???

Sigh.

Maybe everybody will be all nice and buddy-buddy at the RRHOF induction, but if I were PM or AM I wouldn't be having such happy thoughts about BF at this moment...

As for me, I'm not rushing to get tix for the BF gig in Philly next August. I had 4th row seats to the show back in July 2016 and I had a good time. But I have no great need to see him again. Perhaps as August 11th gets closer and I know what my schedule is I'll try and track down some tickets (in 2016 the Philly gig was not sold out). If they're in the back of the house so be it. Sometimes that's where the sound mix is better...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:29 am 

Hipsters,

“Well this is such a sad affair
I’ve opened up my heart
So many times
But now it’s closed. “

Malheureusement these beautiful words sum up Windswept’s tentative feelings towards what looks like the same old “best of’ gold rush fandango dressed up as ‘Avalon’.

W2 will keep his powder dry until he sees the line-up and set list but, if it is the same old same old, there will be a couple of RAH tickets going.

Clearly Windswept’s prayer to the Ferry Gods for a ‘Bitter -Sweet’ tour with those Jazz heads has not been heeded !

W2 est vraiment triste.

Salutations et bonne annee,

Windswept.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:28 am 

Maybe it is also the love for Roxy Music that he rediscovered on this Avalon tour and which should later serve as justification for another reunion of Roxy Music ..... that would be strategically very well planned ... what else should be happen after that tour ?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:23 pm 

I gave the LP a spin from start to finish last night. First of all, who need CDs? 37 years later, I`m still amazed how good the music is. A lick from a guitar here, a blow from a sax there, a never sleeping bass guitar and just the right strike from a drum, seem to play against silence as it`s counterpart.

I`ve always wondered what "True To Life" reminds me of. Some adult contemporary from the 60s, I would have guessed. Suddenly Marvin Gaye`s "What`s Going On?" came to my mind, but no...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:48 am 

Contemporary critics still claim today that Roxy Music has set a milestone with the album Avalon, as it lives up to the highest sound quality with visual images. In addition, timeless and beautiful.

I agree, but listen to the album only twice a year, so as not to over-enjoy the pleasure.

TRUE TO YOU. TRUE TO SOCIETY.
TRUE TO LIFE.
( Olympus Corparation of the Americas )

I'm really excited to see what happens after the BF Avalon Tour ...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:02 pm 

From February 14th to June 20th this year, Chris Spedding will join the Bryan Tour. Further concert dates have not been communicated on his homepage so far ...
Maybe this tour covers two different topics: an Avalon Tour in the United States and Canada, and perhaps a Bitter Sweet Tour with Best of Hits (Ferry / Roxy) in South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, and Europe ...?
So far I have not read anywhere that he appears in Germany to intervene Avalon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:09 pm 

Ferry celebrating Roxy...without Roxy :shock: :shock:
It will be without me !

https://pitchfork.com/news/bryan-ferry- ... cs-avalon/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:33 am 

Fidele Ferryistas,

It can’t be that W2 has over Ferryied. He is playing ‘Bitter-Sweet’ sans arret and is enjoying every minute of it but he simply can’t take another ‘Best Of’ fandango.

What is ailing him ? Is there a cure ?

Salutations,

Windswept.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:00 pm 

DCJ wrote:
When I saw that BF is using Avalon The Album to promote his 2019 World Tour I thought: Hmmm, how are PM and AM going to feel about this?!? Why not a Roxy Music tour to promote a Roxy Music album???

Sigh.

Maybe everybody will be all nice and buddy-buddy at the RRHOF induction, but if I were PM or AM I wouldn't be having such happy thoughts about BF at this moment...

If I were PM or AM, I would let Mr BF go alone at the RRHOF.