VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tesco and Olympia
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:37 pm 

In other posts we have debated the availability of Olympia and I posted that it wasn't at my Tesco store which is a large store in south Wales. Here is Tesco's reply which begs a further set of questions that I will ask;

Dear Customer

Thank you for your email.

Firstly, I’d like to apologise for the delay in getting back to you. Please let me reassure you that we always try to respond to our customers' queries in a timely manner and I’m sorry that due to high volumes of contact, this has not happened on this occasion.

I’m also sorry you were unable to get Bryan Ferry's cd Olympia from your local Tesco stores recently. I can imagine your disappointment with this, especially as it was meant to be in the top 100 album chart.

After looking in to this for you, I’m unsure why the store didn’t have any available when you visited however, I’ve found that we do follow the official chart. So our stores should have had some in, unless due to high demand they run out of stock or for any reason they weren’t delivered. I've also found that we stock the cd on our Tesco Entertainment site which is:

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/browse/home/

Finally, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to contact me about this and I’m sorry you weren't able to purchase the cd from Tesco on this occasion.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact me at customer.service@tesco.co.uk quoting TES8457793X.

Kind Regards

Danielle Thomas
Customer Service Manager
Tesco Customer Service

Post subject: Re: Tesco and Olympia
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:44 pm 

That's very interesting. So the Tesco manager expected there to be copies...
But Olympia is not shown on the printed charts that Tesco post up in store, which implies to me that it was not expected on the shelves at all. And, as posts here have proved, lots of Tesco stores all over the country have not stocked Olympia, and lots of Asdas don't have it either.
I can't believe that all these stores have had copies and they've all sold out. Clearly copies haven't been supplied to the stores for whatever reason, and this will severely dent Olympia's sales.