VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Not You Can Dance ..AGAIN
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:24 pm 

Am I the only one who's sick of this track??

I don't know who chose it to be the main song to promote the album- I imagine Bryan had a big say in it, but why?
It doesn't sound remotely Ferry-ish and there are so many better tracks on the album e.g. Alphaville, shameless, me oh my, song to the siren, tender is the night, even the bonus whatever gets you thru the night which I think should've been on the normal version, great cover.. Although it does sound like it was recorded several years ago.

I love the fact he's been putting himself about more with all these TV appearances but why would you perform the same song on every show?? Is he trying to appeal to a wider audience with that different sort of song??

I'm 18 and I can tell you that 99% of youngsters won't ever listen to his material unless its on around them on TV for example, so why flood them with stuff that doesn't even sound good/like him?

I don't know what his sons are doing but he needs someone to tell him what's good and what isn't, because the time when a Bryan Ferry interview is better than the following performance is a very strange and wrong time indeed. The loose women chat was actually one of the best of his I've ever seen as he was in good spirits and seemed pretty comfortable..

at least on jools he'll have to sing something else!!

Post subject: Re: Not You Can Dance ..AGAIN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:30 am 

I really like You Can Dance but I wasn't sure about the performance on Strictly. Bryan could put on a performance to blow that programme away if he wanted to but the strange little dances that the band / backing singers were doing looked a little lame in my opinion - especially in a professional dance environment. Should have recreated the video with some amazing "Roxy-esque" dance performances or gone for the "band" approach with Oliver Thompson, for example, much more prominent. Tess also introduced it as his new single? Thought You Can Dance was released last August and Heartache by Numbers was his new single? On the whole a little flat in my opinion.

Post subject: Re: Not You Can Dance ..AGAIN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:17 pm 

very very poor. BF's girls dancing was lame. if it meant to be ironic or ueber-stylish, it didn't look like either to me. and the miming was weak. now i'm not a mega robbie w fan....BUT...when he did SCD a few weeks ago, he showed the audience a thing or two about performance.