VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: New Post: Bryan's 'Sympathy for the Devil' @ roxymusicsongs
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:20 pm 

From Satanism to Steel Wheels - Bryan Ferry shows The Rolling Stones the roadmap to a profitable career.

'Sympathy for the Devil' @ roxymusicsongs.com

Cheers,
Kevin

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 4.15.00 PM (2).jpg
Screen Shot 2019-02-20 at 4.15.00 PM (2).jpg [ 68.24 KiB | Viewed 29242 times ]

Post subject: Re: New Post: Bryan's 'Sympathy for the Devil' @ roxymusicso
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:36 pm 

Like always very well written.
I especially liked the absurd facts from the disastrous Altamon concert. I have the dvd, and I watched the film in a cinema in Germany once. I was shocked by the murder on the DVD, but I never knew all those other crazy facts.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:04 pm 

Hello Doc, thank you for reading and for the kind words. Always appreciated.

Altamont was a terrible event, fascinating in what it reveals about us humans when you take away the trappings of civility.

Please do check out the incredible book by Joel Selvin: Altamont: The Rolling Stones, The Hells Angels, and the Inside Story of Rock's Darkest Day,Dey Street Books, 368 pages.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:18 am 

Hipsters,
What a ground breaking show this was.
W2 remembers it like it was yesterday.
We were supposed to be going to Newcastle City Hall but somehow the tickets got screwed up (back then you had to get them either from the Hall or ‘Windows’ so it necessitated an extra trip to town).
Anyway, my sister had already decamped to London so she went and got us a couple of tickets for TRAH. The show was on the Thursday evening. It was absolutely brilliant. It was the first solo performance since forming Roxy and his first time ‘live’ with an orchestra but you’d have thought he’d been doing it all of his life.
The set list comprised TFT & ATAP. For me the highlights were ‘A Hard Rain’, ‘Tracks of My Tears’, ‘The ‘In’ Crowd’, ‘Another Time, Another Place’ and, of course, ‘These Foolish Things’
Ironically, the only thing that didn’t work that well was ‘SFTD’ , it was all a bit dysfunctional.
I finished up being ecstatic that we went to London. So many firsts. My first time at TRAH, the first time I saw a singer with an orchestra, the first time I saw Ferry play under his own name .........
The next day we did some quick shopping on ‘The Kings Road’ and were back in Sunderland’s Club Annabel by 11pm to tell the tale.
What a great Christmas that was - halcyon days then and halcyon days now !
I do hope our hero gets the album out showcasing those first shows - it would mean so much to me.
Salutations a tous,
Windswept

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:10 am 

A question for J O’B - does he know if there has been any progress on the ‘74 RAH album ?
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:20 pm 

I keep hoping that something new/different/interesting might appear from BF - and a cd of the '74 RAH Show would meet that standard - but other then keeping the wheels spinning on the Never Ending Tour things seem to move rather slowly.

Sigh.

Last year at this time there was speculation that the RAH 74 cd might be released in time for the holidays, but here it is some 12 months later and the same question arises. Sigh redux.

Oh well, life goes on...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:59 pm 
Site Owner

Windswept2 wrote:
A question for J O’B - does he know if there has been any progress on the ‘74 RAH album ?
Salutations,
W2

I have no more information on what has already been made public. I have not been in Studio One for a while but hopefully I will be there before the year is finished. I rarely ask any direct questions but I am usually told when the information can then be put out.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:18 pm 

While die hard fans like us would love to get a RAH CD, can't imagine there is much commercial demand for something like this and thus the economics can't be very attractive. (vs staying on tour). Perhaps when he can't physically tour anymore, efforts such as producing things like this and deluxe packages of previous albums come back into focus.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:07 am 

Chers amis!

Good to see that our hero already has dates booked next year. A sign that he is strong and healty!

Mais bien sur, it should be nice to have an album/dvd of early times. To make it even more attractive, though, I think it should be a good idea to present it as a "velo". In other words, to add a collage from 2019 or, perhaps even better, the show from RAH with the orchestra 2013 (-14?).

Salutations à tous!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:41 am 

Oberon wrote:
Chers amis!

To make it even more attractive, though, I think it should be a good idea to present it as a "velo". In other words, to add a collage from 2019 or, perhaps even better, the show from RAH with the orchestra 2013 (-14?).

Salutations à tous!

An excellent suggestion. The 2013 show was a triumph. Such a package is never going to be a colossal seller but perhaps it could be sold via the online shop as Live 2015 was? The back catalogue seems sadly neglected at present - could Team Ferry not be working on it while Bryan is on the road? Or does he insist on doing everything himself?