VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2020 Tour Set List
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:24 pm 

I've avoided the forum and all social media relating to the tour prior to this evening's fandango in Manchester and I'm so glad I did. What a treat for possibly the most eclectic and wide ranging setlist ever to come entirely as a surprise. As a critic of the groundhog day setlist of yore, I wholeheartedly doff my cap to our hero and his magnificent entourage and say 'bravo sir' for an outstanding evening! Definitely one to remember.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:50 pm 

BTW Scott - fabulous photo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:04 am 
Site Owner

UKRichard wrote:
I've avoided the forum and all social media relating to the tour prior to this evening's fandango in Manchester and I'm so glad I did. What a treat for possibly the most eclectic and wide ranging setlist ever to come entirely as a surprise. As a critic of the groundhog day setlist of yore, I wholeheartedly doff my cap to our hero and his magnificent entourage and say 'bravo sir' for an outstanding evening! Definitely one to remember.

I am glad you enjoyed it Richard. Glasgow was special too as he performed I Love How You Love Me for the first time since RAH 1974, but it seems to have been left out the last two shows.

Myself and Jen are looking forward to RAH on Friday, I hope to see some of you there.
J.O'B.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:08 am 

Glasgow has had the best set list so far without a doubt.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:18 am 

I had the pleasure of witnessing the Glasgow show and it was magical. The setlist unfolding in front of us made me feel like a wee boy opening presents on Christmas morning. For someone pushing 50 that was quite a feat!

My personal highlight was Your Painted Smile, it's always been a favourite of mine and I was mesmerised. I do hope more of you get to hear ILHYLM - I have been singing it all week much to my other half's despair...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:54 pm 

I looked at the set list. It must have been a very short concert yesterday in Manachester ... I had watched Like a Hurricane ( you tube in Newcastle ) Bryan hardly sings himself, mostly it's the background singers who present the lyrics, to be honest, I was shocked. It may have been different with other songs, but I didn't like that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:43 pm 

Stanley wrote: "My personal highlight was Your Painted Smile, it's always been a favourite of mine and I was mesmerised."

That is a beautiful song. One of my all time faves as well. Remember it from the Mamouna - tour.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:22 pm 

Quote:
It must have been a very short concert yesterday in Manchester

Hate to disappoint, but far from it - BF took to the stage just after 8.30 and left at 10.10. Nothing short of a complete triumph from where I was sitting.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:05 pm 

Chers amis!

To Stanley and doc, I also like Painted smile a lot, it´s like a poem. And the album Mamouna stands out for me; like most of the "positive" members of this forum, BF;s music is a soundtrack to my life, and during the the time om Mamouna my life was so exciting!

How about un verre de rouge avant le concert on Friday?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:33 pm 

VivaRoxyMusic.com wrote: «Myself and Jen are looking forward to RAH on Friday, I hope to see some of you there.»
J.O'B.

My wife and I are also going to RAH on friday. Would be nice to say hello again. And maybe get som inside on the setlist just before the show?-)
Uwe2

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next