VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Royal Albert Hall 2020 Release
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:02 pm 

le freak wrote:
"I can see where yer coming from". It`s far too obvious. They´re cashing in on all those who were deprived of a concert because of the corona lockdown.

Toujours there is a negative in every positive.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:11 pm 

Oberon wrote:
Bonjour!

Great news! So happy that I could attend the show at RAH in March with my family (sitting on a bench in Hyde Park drinking wine as an aperitif). Does anybody know if the recording is from one of the nights or if it is a mixture of both?
So now we know what BF has been doing during the lockdown. And such a good gesture to share the profit with his excellent band. I´ve just done the mandatory ordering.
Bonne journée à tous!

Cher Oberon,
Evidently it is a mix of the two nights.
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:22 pm 

I decided on the CD. To me it's a win-win, exclusive CD signed by BF and helping his band/crew in the process. $27.50 with shipping to the USA.

The lead time between pre-orders and release seems a little excessive. My assumption is that they're not going to start printing until they get a better idea of demand. To minimize cost and maximize funds going to the band/crew, I'm also assuming the packaging may be more austere than prior releases - but again this is Bryan Ferry, so who knows.

I fully expect I'll forget I've ordered this by April so it'll be a fun surprise when it shows up unexpectedly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:27 pm 

I also thought that there was quite a long time lapse between the announcement and the actual release itself - I know for this years 1974 RAH release the BF YouTube channel uploaded a track a week from the album so I wonder if they will do the same this time as that would lead us to release in April.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:38 pm 

Interesting that SOTT is the free bonus download, as I think it was only played in Glasgow on the opening night of the tour...

Happy to be corrected, if anyone knows to the contrary. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:04 pm 

Smudge wrote:
Interesting that SOTT is the free bonus download, as I think it was only played in Glasgow on the opening night of the tour...

Happy to be corrected, if anyone knows to the contrary. :)

Yeah Glasgow only for SoTT - I would have loved if they gave us I Love How You Love Me.

It was great seeing it performed live and then it also got dropped for the rest of the tour.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:42 am 
Site Owner

Show by Show set lists for the 6 dates earlier this year can be found here:

http://www.vivaroxymusic.com/tours_47_setlist.php

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:44 pm 

Arrrgh ! Can anyone help ? I have admittedly been very slow to respond to my email from Bryanferry.com, but having said that I only received said email on the 7th and it is now the 13th . Anyway I have just tried to pre-order the CD and when that was unavailable, then the bundle of vinyl and CD and that was unavailable as well. I can't believe that these items would sell out so quickly particularly when the proceeds are to help the band members etc.

Can anyone advise me what to do next ? John do you have any ideas . Having seen Bryan at Leicester De Montfort Hall on the 9th March ( it was rather poignant as I first saw him live in 1974 - and it was there ). Anyway I digress : it was a terrific concert and I would love to have the memory of it on CD . Sending grateful thanks !

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:07 pm 

All formats are still available at the Bryan Ferry store:

https://store.bryanferry.com/

I know that the signed editions are now sold out - could you have perhaps been following a link for those?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:36 am 

While all three versions (i.e. CD, vinyl & bundle) are shown in BF's store in his own website and in the Townsend Music site, it seems that only the vinyl (unsigned now; last Friday was the deadline for signed pre-orders) is currently available for pre-order (CD & bundle get flagged as unavailable when you click on the pre-order button).

I'm guessing that more CDs would be pressed, if demand has exceeded pre-order expectations, so it's probably worth checking back in periodically.