VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Bryan at the Greek 2011
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:12 am 

The on screen images and full soundboard audio of Bryan’s 2011 show at the Greek Theatre in LA is now available on YouTube. It’s in 2 parts.
My wife and I were there and my wife still says it was the best concert she’s seen in her life. I was was troubled at the time as there was a drunk behind me talking over the music all night. Anyway I digress.
Great show perfect audio. Jeff Thall was filling in for Ollie that night and great to hear and see his take on solos in Hurricane and watchtower and all. An interesting side note, during Boys and Girls the visual blew my away. It was very early Roland Petit black and white footage and dancing I had never seen before or had my wife. I think it came from a 1930’s French ballet short. It is no where to be found on this video. Must have been some copyright issues. There are some annoying commercials that pop up but I clicked through them.
Great show. Just search Bryan Ferry 2011 and it comes right up.
Hope it stays around for awhile.

Post subject: Re: Bryan at the Greek 2011
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:31 am 

Here's the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-A7Qc3ymXA

It's an enjoyable listen - Thall brings something different to the band's sound that's worth hearing...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:34 am 

Mes Amis,
A big thank you to the ever tasteful AzArtist for posting this.
Windswept caught this show at the fabulous Vienna State Opera House and it was truly a veritable visual and musical triumph.
Over the years many Ferry Fandangos have surprised and stimulated the senses and this was certainly one of them.
What made this one so special was the combination of the venue, the visuals and the music.
The venue because W2 thinks it’s the most beautiful he’s ever attended.
The Windswepts undertook a tour during the day and although the architecture is stunning, it only really comes alive in the evening when it is lit. Something that the audience experienced before the band as they are seated before the musicians are brought in. They don’t see it during rehearsals. It’s something they experience together with their audience.
W2 remembers the band looking up at the fully lit building and gasping (Ferry included) - it was awesome in the European sense of the word.
Second, the visuals. As AZ said, they were truly beautiful and juxtaposed with the building and the music to form a sensorial smorgasbord. It was beyond erotic.
Last but most importantly the music. A great set list and a great band directed by the incredibly talented Mr. Good.
All in all, one of the best Fandangos. Probably only surpassed by AEWBF (those jazz heads were unbeatable).
Salutations a tous et bon unlock or relock (depending on location).
Windswept.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:36 am 

AzArtist wrote:
Jeff Thall was filling in for Ollie that night and great to hear and see his take on solos in Hurricane and watchtower and all.

I've mentioned Jeff on this forum before. Excellent guitar player.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:00 am 

Thanks for posting.
Fabulous!!!