VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A message from Bryan
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:57 pm 

Hi All,

I bumped into Bryan in Greggs in Gosforth today and he asked me to pass on the following message:

Dear Bryan and Roxy connoisseurs,

I have been keeping an eye on the forum and am a little perturbed at the lack of activity. I wouldn’t want you all giving up on me, just because I’ve been a bit quiet for the last 18 months.

I keep meaning to say or do things but I’ve learned, through bitter experience, that it’s much better to keep my head down unless there is a new record or a tour, as I tend to be misinterpreted and people bleat on about tailoring, Eno etc.

But rest assured that we’ve been noodling away in Studio 1. I’ve had any number of guest artistes in and out in search of an elusive groove, and I thought I’d spotted the little blighter last night, but he slithered away again into the mixing desk.

Never mind, I’m sure we’ll arrive at some killer sounds and effects in time for a new Bryan album for next Christmas and maybe a tour the year after. We’re also looking at re-mastering FYP for the 75th anniversary of its release, although that may be a little tight.

I hope you’re all keeping well. I’ve been enjoying catching up on some music; I’m loving “Tubular Bells”, a T.Rex track called “King of the Rumbling Spires” and Steve Harley’s “Sebastian”. Also a video of PJ Harvey performing “Dress”. I’m sure she thought Nick Cave was me.

Anyway, all the very best to one and all, especially Eskimos and Geordies (pretty sure one or both of those terms may now be culturally unacceptable).

See you all at the City Hall, the Royal Albert Hall or another random hall before too long.

BF x

I think it was him, anyway.