VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Predictions for 2022
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:21 pm 

As we spin towards Christmas and the New Year, our thoughts naturally turn to what our heroes will do to enchant and bedazzle us in 2022. I have consulted the mystics of Jesmond Dene, the Ouseburn and the Dabholm Gut and can confidently report that this is what will happen:

1. Omicrom will fade, and all measures will be lifted by the end of March.

2. Bryan will release an album of new material towards the end of May, called “Endymion”. It is another lush and dreamy work, featuring three instrumentals (reminiscent of Japan), with contributions from Phil on 10 tracks, although only audible on seven. One track, “Mount Latmus”, is used in a commercial for Creed perfume and becomes a surprise global hit.

3. Bryan tours the album in the UK in July, appearing in Edinburgh, Newcastle, Manchester, Bristol, Birmingham and the RAH (two nights).

4. In September Roxy Music release what is billed as “the final Roxy Music album”, “One Last Sigh”. All tracks are co-written with other band members and Eno appears. It is a huge success in the UK, Europe and Japan, but less so elsewhere.

5. Roxy tour the album in October and November, starting in Europe, then Australia and Japan, ending in the UK. On the final date, on 30th November, at the RAH, the band join hands across the front of the stage and thank each other. BF confirms that this is, indeed, the last hurrah and thanks the fans. The band take up their instruments again for an encore of “Spin Me Round”, and disappear into the darkness as the clockwork ballerina fades away.

Post subject: Re: Predictions for 2022
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:50 pm 

It would be great if (any of) your predictions proved true. We can dream I suppose....

I'm afraid that Covid and a range of new variant(s) will plague us all for the foreseeable future and keep taking a toll on our ability to return to "normal" Sigh...

Here in the States Covid Exhaustion has set in as a great multitude of people have simply stopped wearing masks and decided that Covid is someone else's problem... Sigh

Perhaps BF will be able to tour in 2022 but it's far from a sure thing...

And perhaps some new BF/Roxy CD will be forthcoming... Let's hope...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:04 am 

Nice posting, VivaVoce, especially in these Omicron days ...

I am absolutely sure that everything you predicted will happen :lol: . But I would like to complete your list with a Bryan Ferry show in Munich and a Roxy Music counterpart a few months later 8-) . By then Corona will have disappeared and everybody is happy again :D .

But in the meantime, DCJ, not only a lot of people don't wear masks here in Germany, too, but 30 percent of the Germans don't want to get vaccinated. Maybe Christmas will grant them the wisdom to understand why they should do so :? .

I wish everybody in this forum a very merry Christmas and the best possible health in 2022. The same to our Roxy heroes and to the operator of this site, John. Thank you for your work in 2021!

- Peter - (aka pianoman)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:43 pm 

Hipsters,
W2 loves VivaVoce’s summation of the mystics predictions sauf ‘Spin Me Around’ isn’t strong enough for the finale.
Another suggestion s’il vous plait.
Salutations et joyeux Noelle.
Windswept.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:55 pm 

Quote:
Another suggestion s’il vous plait

'Sunset', 'End Of The Line' or 'A Really Good Time' would all have a certain piquancy, I think.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:31 pm 

Bound to be For Your Pleasure so they can all wave Tara one last time

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:21 pm 

Good afternoon all and thanks.

I have to confess to Pianoman and W2 that the mystics were less than 100% clear and that she of the Dabholm Gut may well have whispered “Munchen”, whilst the spirit of the Ouseburn could have uttered “Bitters End”, rather than “Spin Me Round”. If so, I would find it a suitably elegiac and bittersweet sign-off.

A very Merry Christmas to one and all and may 2022 see a few more of our respective wishes come true.

VV