VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Love Letters Tour - Set List
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:39 am 

Hedonistic Hipsters,
As we are in February and still without announcement, W2 is starting to fret that we may have witnessed the last fandango.
A last minute announcement that ‘Roxy’ will be playing the ‘Pyramid’ will do nothing to placate Windswept. Apart from the fact that he doesn’t do fields - W2 hungers for the real deal - ‘The Love Letters Tour’.
With this in mind, he has been praying like a Banshee to the Penshaw Gods that the following set list comes to fruition:
1. Love Letters
2. I just Don’t KnowWhat To Do With Myself
3. I Put A Spell On You
4. Windswept.
5. Your Painted Smile
6. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow
7. Answer Me
8. Just One Look
9. Rescue Me
10.All Tomorrow’s Parties
11.Girl Of My Best Friend
12.Amazing Grace
13. Taxi
14. Because You Are Mine
15. Johnny & Mary
16. Boys & Girls (Bitter Sweet Version)
17. Which Way To Turn
18. Tender Is The Night
19. The Very Thought Of You.
20. Fooled Around And Fell In Love
(Encore)
21. The Only Face (Jools Holland Version)
Of course, the sublime venue would be Ronnie Scott’s. It would offer the perfect vibe and would avoid the rigours of travel. W2 would even send his personal rigshaw around to our hero’s apartment and have him picked up.
W2 has put the whole thing together on a Spotify playlist titled Love Letters / Bryan Ferry and find it works perfectly but recommendations for changes would be most welcome.
Meanwhile we can only pray.
Salutations ,
W2

Post subject: Re: Love Letters Tour - Set List
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:58 am 

Ah , Windswept, such a setlist would be divine and we can but imagine it taking place in such an intimate venue as Ronnie Scott’s. ( heaven allow the ticket pricing to be reasonable).
I note As Times Goes By does not get a look in.
Surely come correction would be required here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:11 pm 

I would be wonderful if Ferry toured and featured his solo catalogue and binned the Roxy Cover Band that has been prevalent lately.

My preferred set list would be vastly different: I long to hear I Thought live and everything from In You Mind save Tokyo Joe, add Another Time Another Place and I'll be happy!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:30 pm 

A fine selection as ever W2, although I would prefer less from "Taxi" and some from my beloved "In Your Mind". Topped off with a sprinkling of This Island Earth. What an evening that would be.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:39 am 

avalon_eyes wrote:
Ah , Windswept, such a setlist would be divine and we can but imagine it taking place in such an intimate venue as Ronnie Scott’s. ( heaven allow the ticket pricing to be reasonable).
I note As Times Goes By does not get a look in.
Surely come correction would be required here.

Elegantly Ageing Hipsters,
Encore une fois avalon_eyes demonstrates consummate good taste and poses the key question regarding ATGB.
Windswept has agonised over this. His key aim was to calibrate a set list where the music fits seamlessly whilst allowing our hero plenty of t keyboard time (God knows we all need it these days). It also showcases his new music and is also designed to give new life to the fabulous’Taxi’ post the yellow vinyl release. It is also an album that has never been toured.
That said, after avalon_eyes intervention, W2 has reappraised the situation and suggests ‘Because You Are Mine’ be replaced by ‘Where Or When’.
Regarding the ticket price - doubtless it would be high but W2 feels the ghosts who haunt this hallowed cyber hall will be given a special concession. Particularly after the discomfort we had to endure at the dreadful O2.
Prayers to The Penshaw Gods continue.
Salutations a tous,
Windswept.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:20 pm 

Cher W2,
Mon Dieu, you went deep into that bottle. The set list is fabulous. I was lucky to hear Where or When some years ago in Krakow. Still I would like to add The name of the game, Bête Noir and Reason or Rhyme to your list - without taking anything away!
And on stage with our hero, Good, Tomasso, Black Panther, MM and a cellist.
Anyway, we have the dvd;s from Paris and Lyon.
Salutations à tous!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:16 pm 

W2,
Love the set list and agree more In Your Mind
would add a lot.
Just spent time on Spotify and could not find your
set list.
I wonder if there there are differences
between your UK account and my U.S. one??
Thanks for taking time to assemble!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:21 pm 

Ferry1950 wrote:
W2,
Love the set list and agree more In Your Mind
would add a lot.
Just spent time on Spotify and could not find your
set list.
I wonder if there there are differences
between your UK account and my U.S. one??
Thanks for taking time to assemble!

Cher Ferry 1950,
Pleased you like the set.
W2 has deliberately excluded IYM because although he likes the album, he finds it tonally quite different and probably outside of our hero’s mature range.
In terms of how you access the list - sadly Windswept is technologically challenged so posting a link is beyond him. That said he has successfully e-mailed a link to American friends. If you want to do likewise just PM your address.
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:52 pm 

It's been a while since I posted, but this thread got me thinking again about the practical, economic, reality of touring for an artist like BF.

To embark upon playing an ambitious set list like W2 proposes would take a fair amount of practice and planning with a skilled group of musicians willing to take up to the challenge/opportunity. No doubt it could be achieved, but it wouldn't happen unless BF could be assured that such a tour featuring these tunes could generate a positive cash flow over the course of the tour sufficient to make it worthwhile for everyone involved (and especially BF!)

Inflation, supply chain logistics of all sorts, and the impact of Brexit on a Brit artist touring the EU would present some "headwinds" not easy to overcome. Not impossible, but not easy...

Anyway, if either BF or Roxy are going to tour this year (in what ever capacity) it seems it should be announced in the not too distance future.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:33 pm 

Cher DCJ,
J´ai peur que tu as raison. Quel bordel, le brexit... Cutting of the branch you are sitting on. But, as you also mentioned, it is still possible to tour Europe despite the obstacles.
By the way. I know that the song Mother of pearl was written in Greece by our hero (on a bass!). Does anyone know where in Greece this took place? If you say Naxos I will construct a monument for the song in my garden.
Salutations à tous!