VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:48 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Mamouna/Horoscope Deluxe Edition
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:04 am 

UKRichard wrote:
Nothing on the news page and a pre-order link that doesn't work. Is it me?

The link doesn't work. Ferry's website is old fashioned and even commercially useless. I hope he doesn't pay too much his webmaster....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:52 pm 

jeanjean wrote:
UKRichard wrote:
Nothing on the news page and a pre-order link that doesn't work. Is it me?

The link doesn't work. Ferry's website is old fashioned and even commercially useless. I hope he doesn't pay too much his webmaster....

I assume that the link will work later today after the YouTube video premieres. But who knows? It's all a bit primitive.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:36 pm 

Having watched the You Tube premier (interesting) and logged into BF.com to find a wealth of products, the signed CDs / CD&vinyl bundle are "not available at this time" when you reach the checkout, which is presumably code for 'sold out'. I mean, how many signed items were there - half a dozen? Whatever the answer, clearly not enough. Another rip-roaring success!
Sigh.
In fact having checked again, by 2.37pm said items have been removed and the remaining signed item - a print - is now annotated 'sold out'. Lamentable.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:49 pm 

UKRichard wrote:
Having watched the You Tube premier (interesting) and logged into BF.com to find a wealth of products, the signed CDs / CD&vinyl bundle are "not available at this time" when you reach the checkout, which is presumably code for 'sold out'. I mean, how many signed items were there - half a dozen? Whatever the answer, clearly not enough. Another rip-roaring success!
Sigh.
In fact having checked again, by 2.37pm said items have been removed and the remaining signed item - a print - is now annotated 'sold out'. Lamentable.

Cher UKRichard,
It does appear that our hero’s commercial efforts are masterminded by a certain Derek Trotter of Trotter’s Independent Traders (T.I.T) - Quel Bordel !
Salutations,
W2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:21 pm 

The album appeared today on Tidal. Only the two versions of Your Painted Smile can be played. It says the release will be 17. of november. It says the original songs is the 1999 remaster. So the same as on the CD I bought 23 years ago. Somewhat disappointing. Thought maybe it would be a new remaster..

Last edited by Uwe2 on Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:53 am 

Uwe2 wrote:
The album appeared today on Tidal. Only the two versions of Your Painted Smile can be played. It says the release will be 17. of november. It says the original songs is the 1999 remaster. So the same as on the CD I bought 23 years ago. Somewhat disappinting. Thought maybe it would be a new remaster..

It does seem strange that they constantly stick to using the 1999 remasters. RM1 deluxe was the same. You would think they would consider 5.1 or Atmos mixes as well but no, they stubbornly tread their own path. And I've seen it suggested that there were only 100 signed prints on sale yesterday, which went almost instantly. Previous releases have had such options available for much longer than that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:22 am 

Well, finally. It's official. Ordered mine from Ferry's website yesterday.

As an aside, "Bryan Ferry" is a business, and in this consumers opinion, this business needs straightening out. The entire affair over this album has been really badly handled from the first leak on HMV, through the pre-order button not working, to the reuse of 1999 masters.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:22 pm 

VivaRoxyMusic.com wrote:
avalon_eyes wrote:
The track listing for Horoscope is interesting.
I dont know what Raga is , nor S&M , and it’s telling that loop de li was so long in gestation.

The Horoscope track list is using what were the 'working titles' at the time.

J.O'B.
I'm assuming Where Do We Go From Here
and Desdemona are NYC and 39 Steps?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8