VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mamouna/Horoscope Deluxe Edition
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:19 pm 

I think that an October 13 date is looking less likely , unless there is an announcement in the next week or so and the label/studio/artist social media campaign kicks in.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:12 am 

Hello,

Just pre-ordered the 3CD Deluxe Edition of 'Mamouna' on the Swedish website www.ginza.se.

Release date seems to be October 13th. though not officially confirmed here or at Bryanferry.com.

Note that it is only availiable for customers living in Sweden,Denmark, Finland or Germany.

Kind regards,

Henrik.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:55 pm 

Henrik wrote:
Hello,

Just pre-ordered the 3CD Deluxe Edition of 'Mamouna' on the Swedish website http://www.ginza.se.

Release date seems to be October 13th. though not officially confirmed here or at Bryanferry.com.

Note that it is only availiable for customers living in Sweden,Denmark, Finland or Germany.

Kind regards,

Henrik.

On the other hand this link is showing an on-sale date of 17 November. Hopefully something will be confirmed soon.
http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=119331

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:44 pm 

Looking more like this will be a November release now with no official announcement being made. Still possible for a late October release but they would surely want some weeks before hand to do some social media drops.

It’s been strange seeing this all that time ago and yet hearing nothing official since. Going by the artwork which has the label with catalogue number etc then the product seems finalised and good to go.
I can’t see them delaying it for the Christmas market as this will just get swallowed up by the sheer amount of releases that come out. This is such a niche release that will only be bought by the fans and not the casual buyer.

I’m still really looking forward to it coming out!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:48 pm 

Scott wrote:
Looking more like this will be a November release now with no official announcement being made. Still possible for a late October release but they would surely want some weeks before hand to do some social media drops.

It’s been strange seeing this all that time ago and yet hearing nothing official since. Going by the artwork which has the label with catalogue number etc then the product seems finalised and good to go.
I can’t see them delaying it for the Christmas market as this will just get swallowed up by the sheer amount of releases that come out. This is such a niche release that will only be bought by the fans and not the casual buyer.

All that for a re-issue! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:18 pm 

[/quote]
All that for a re-issue! :roll:[/quote]

To be fair it’s a bit better than just a bog standard reissue - the Horoscope album, although it’s been circulating for years, will hopefully at least have been tidied up somewhat. The 3rd disc of demos I’m looking forward to hearing.
Then there’s the vinyl which is one of only a couple of Ferry albums I haven’t managed to get on vinyl so looking forward to that too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:21 pm 

Looks like November 17 according to Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mamouna-Deluxe ... 156&sr=8-1

Can I join with Windswept calling for AEWBF release? That tour didn't make it to Ireland.

Also was there ever a recording made of the concerts with the RTE orchestra in Dublin?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:14 pm 
Site Owner

Scott wrote:
To be fair it’s a bit better than just a bog standard reissue - the Horoscope album, although it’s been circulating for years, will hopefully at least have been tidied up somewhat.

The Horoscope recordings that were circulating at one one time were mastered from a cassette that was running about 7% fast.
The official release will be mastered at the right tempo/pitch and from the master tapes so it will be great for fans to hear those sessions the way that they were intended to be heard.

J.O'B.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:31 pm 

The Horoscope recordings that were circulating at one one time were mastered from a cassette that was running about 7% fast.
The official release will be mastered at the right tempo/pitch and from the master tapes so it will be great for fans to hear those sessions the way that they were intended to be heard.

J.O'B.[/quote]

Thanks for that info John. Looking forward to the release.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:25 pm 

My Amazon UK pre-order has now had its estimated delivery date moved forward by a month from November to 17th October so I guess we will be getting it sooner than expected, which is great. Yet still all is quiet with an official announcement from Team Ferry, which is baffling.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next