VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:51 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dylanesque
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:08 pm 

-A result of Bryan jumping ship from the aborted 2005/06 RM sessions, it seems. Maybe he had to get something out because of contractual reasons. Maybe a future biography will shed some light about this.

Post subject: Re: Dylanesque
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:03 am 

I now think that he really wasn't able to write lyrics anymore. All his albums since then contain songs from earlier recordings. He once said that if there were to be a new Roxy album then it would be more instrumental..

It may well be that he still has some old material lying around and we'll be able to marvel at a new BF solo album next year... it's really not meant as a criticism at this point and I mean that honestly, but Bryan is compared to Phil aged a bit. Without Phil, last year's tour would never have happened.

VIVA BRYAN FERRY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:29 pm 

But remember, Bryan is five years older than Phil and the difference between 77 and 72, health wise is wide.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:04 pm 

@Ferry1950

Absolutely correct!!!

I meant that in a rather positive way for Phil, who probably has a little more energy and drive. Shouldn't be criticism of Bryan, I'll be happy to repeat myself. Phil was the driving force on the shows in 2022.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:24 pm 

And that's exactly what used to be different: Bryan was Roxy's dazzling figure over the decades, he ruled the band like an exotic monarch. Irresistibly good.
But in 2022 Phil was clearly the one who stood out from all the other band members with his power and energy. That was a new experience for me, one that I had to sort out and process emotionally as well as mentally.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:08 pm 

I think we can say that we’ll never see a new solo album of material written in the here and now from Bryan.
What I would like to see is his solo albums continue to be released in the same format as the upcoming Mamouna release with demos and songs from the sessions that never made the album. At least we get to hear some new material albeit from years ago.