VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: An Evening With Bryan Ferry
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:32 am 

MeOhMy wrote:
AzArtist wrote:
The videos for Back to Black and This Island Earth were filmed in Zermatt probably as part of normal festival concert footage. One wonders if the festival or BF owns the rights to that concert. BF would have to split the take from that with them. I would love to see the full Zermatt concert.

Worryingly, I think that AzArtist may well have hit the nail on the head.
It has long puzzled me why this diamond rests in the rough.
If there is a problem of rights maybe instead of sporting a sandwich board outside Studio One, W2 should pass a hat around.
Seriously folks, l’equipe Ferry doit agir sans tarder.
A de-luxe AEWBF set is infinitely preferable to re-releasing existing stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:18 pm 
Site Owner

Windswept2 wrote:
This is a huge shame because a fabulous recording of Munich’s ‘Toll Show’ does exist and would make for an amazing album.
Salutations a tous,
Windswept

Does anyone know where I could find a copy of this?

J.O'B

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:32 pm 

VivaRoxyMusic.com wrote:
Windswept2 wrote:
This is a huge shame because a fabulous recording of Munich’s ‘Toll Show’ does exist and would make for an amazing album.
Salutations a tous,
Windswept

J.O'B

You can download the show from here John - hopefully links still working.

https://www.guitars101.com/threads/brya ... p2.382161/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:54 am 

Scott wrote:
VivaRoxyMusic.com wrote:
Windswept2 wrote:
Salutations a tous,
Windswept

J.O'B

You can download the show from here John - hopefully links still working.

https://www.guitars101.com/threads/brya ... p2.382161/

Mes Amis,
The great Scott has done all ghosts haunting this hallowed cyber hall - at least those with the technical ability - a terrific favour by providing access.
Windswept now asks you to listen to it, relive that AEWBF moment and then imagine how fab it would be remastered and packaged as a deluxe set. Hopefully with a DVD if footage exists.
A much more worthwhile project than re-releasing stuff we’ve already got. N’est-ce pas ?
Salutations a tous - particulierement Scott.
W2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:53 pm 

Not a problem Windswept2 and I echo your sentiments that it is indeed a great recording and a wonderful memento of what was one of my favourite Bryan Ferry tours.

Much like yourself I can’t believe that there was never an official release from this tour as it was definitely a special one.
Such a release from this tour could have been done with some great exquisite packaging such was the nature of it.
This tour seemed really tailor made for an audio/visual release - especially when you look back at the Live in Lyon release. As great as that was this tour seemed to have some great structure to it with the orchestral arrangements and then the rock band kicking in later.

It’s a shame that team Ferry don’t seem to have much of an appetite for releases these days - or certainly not as big an appetite as the fans.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:39 pm 

Scott wrote:
Not a problem Windswept2 and I echo your sentiments that it is indeed a great recording and a wonderful memento of what was one of my favourite Bryan Ferry tours.

Much like yourself I can’t believe that there was never an official release from this tour as it was definitely a special one.
Such a release from this tour could have been done with some great exquisite packaging such was the nature of it.
This tour seemed really tailor made for an audio/visual release - especially when you look back at the Live in Lyon release. As great as that was this tour seemed to have some great structure to it with the orchestral arrangements and then the rock band kicking in later.

It’s a shame that team Ferry don’t seem to have much of an appetite for releases these days - or certainly not as big an appetite as the fans.

Cher Scott,
W2 couldn’t agree with you more !
The ‘Olympia’ tour was superb but AEWBF was off the Richter scale.
Windswept was lucky enough to have a few words with The Bonny Lad after the Brighton show and it was clear from his discourse that he had planned it as a career high - and it was !
Why oh why then has it not been celebrated with a release ?
There is just so much to enjoy in this set. Wether it be new takes on classics like ‘Hard Rain’ and ‘Casanova’. Little heard gems like ‘Chain Reaction’ and ‘Sign Of The Times’ . Or, first time magic like ‘Move On Up’.
Surely this release is crucial to his legacy. He’ll never play with a better band. He’ll never have a better set list. And he’ll never have a better jacket (the Louis Viuitton number was a sartorial masterpiece).
Windswept asks Ferryistas worldwide to turn their prayer mats to Penshaw Monument and unite behind this project.
Windswept en parlara jusqu’a son dernier jour - if it’s a question of money we will pass the hat around. Meme les hommes de South Hilton
Y contiriburont !
Salutations a tous,
W2