VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Mamouna Horoscope Deluxe - upcoming release
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:29 am 

In our kitchen a new addition. It’s 10/300. Guess I must have leaped quicker than I thought.

Attachments:
IMG_0992.jpeg
IMG_0992.jpeg [ 123.09 KiB | Viewed 67520 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:49 pm 

-Loving Raga, the singing, the trumpet, the synth, the groove and the structure of the song. The rest? -Hmm, no, I would have liked to, but I can`t find anything in the same league as Raga.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:41 pm 

Hipsters,
Bonne annee a tous !
Comme toute le monde, W2 has been thoroughly engrossed by ‘ Deluxe’ and is currently enjoying a listening in front of a roaring log fire with a nice Talisker.
Two things encourage him to dial into this hallowed cyber hall :
D’abord there are a couple of very interesting cuts. Namely ‘Raga’ and ‘Mother Of Pearl’.
Windswept thinks ‘Raga’ actually deserved a place on the original album. The horns are fantastic and the whole thing is very dreamy.‘
‘Mother Of Pearl’ on the other hand is really funky and has both great vocals ( lead and backing) and fabulous horns . W2 assumes this was the version that our hero put together for the movie ‘Basic Instinct’s’ disco scene. A cut that was subsequently rejected by Paul Verhoeven in favour of ‘Blue’ by La Tour. Windswept can only conclude that Verhoeven has a hearing problem because our hero’s take would have fitted this otherwise excellent movie brilliantly.
Deuxiemement W2 thinks the album offers a great insight into our hero’s process.
This is best illustrated by following the evolution of ‘The Only Face’ from the instrumental first draft thru’ the different versions on this album and onto every evolution since. It really shows a perfectionist at work.
Great stuff.
Salutations a tous meme les gens do South Hylton Club.
Windswept.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6