VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Will We Ever Fandango Again ?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:41 pm 

Mes Amis,
Prayers to ‘The Penshaw Gods’ have gone unanswered and W2 is becoming ‘frantic’ for news.
Do any of the ghosts haunting this hallowed cyber hall know of planned shows or projects ?
Windswept is desolate and fears we may never Fandango again !
Salutations a tous,
W2

Post subject: Re: Will We Ever Fandango Again ?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:29 pm 

It certainly appears like we have seen Bryan for the last time with the Roxy 50th anniversary tour.
It’s a shame as, although I knew it would be the last we would see of Roxy, I hadn’t really prepared myself for it being the last I would see of Bryan.
I always thought that he would bow out with a solo tour of some kind. The Roxy tour was seen as a 50th anniversary celebration so as such I wasn’t prepared for a farewell to Bryan.
I still hope he continues making music and, at the very least, releasing reissues in the same way as the Mamouna box set from last year.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:46 pm 

Scott wrote:
…….. I hadn’t really prepared myself for it being the last I would see of Bryan ……..

Cher Great Scott,
You sum it up so well.
W2 also wasn’t prepared which makes this almost silent au revoir painful.
Given that his stock in trade was touring medium sized quality venues , one can’t help but wonder if a combination of keeping a band together and the bureaucratic nightmare brought about by the Brexit Bordel hasn’t just made things too difficult ?
Hopefully there will be more artistic endeavours but if he chooses not one can only thank him for all the fabulous music and wish him a long, healthy and wealthy retirement.
Fingers remained crossed but I have put the prayer mat away.
Salutations a tous,
Windswept.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:36 pm 

Coincidentally, I was wondering about this myself earlier today, although rather less pessimistically! Unless there's been something of a retirement epiphany, I find it hard to believe Bryan would exit live work without so much as a word to the faithful. It seems incongruous not only with the razzmatazz of the Roxy 50th but also with the statement of no live dates "in 2023". Surely if team BF saw fit to announce a 'pause' in live work, they'd announce retirement from it too, either forthwith or with some farewell dates?

Undertaking extensive touring well into his 70s, BF has already displayed considerable stamina, working long after I imagine most of us either have or intend to! So on that basis, a retirement is long overdue. However, assuming we haven't already reached that point, I sincerely hope there'll be an opportunity to bid this towering figure in British music a fond farewell from selected auditoria sometime soon. I also hope the good offices of Studio One can continue for some time yet to work their magic, whether that's new recordings or treats from the archives.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:25 pm 

Chers amis!

I like that, UKRichard. So, W2, bring out that prayer mat again.
The live record from RAH is a good finale, though.
Salutations à tous!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:55 pm 

I was vaguely expecting some "statement" today. It`s Monday and a month of the new year has already passed. At least I had expected a rush of posters when this topic came forth, but no. It sure has been silent lately. It looks as if some has decided not to post anymore. I`m not sure Bryan feels bound to tour this year only ´cause he didn´t tour last year. What fans might learn by watching the net is probably not on his mind. For all I know, he lives a net free life, where news from him might pop up as seldom as in the "old" days (the 90s). I would like to be wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:38 pm 

For those of us holding out hope of future fandangos the BF website does say "Bryan Ferry is not currently on tour" which does leave the door ajar. Having said that the BF website is not the most detailed or regularly updated of sources of information, but let us not put our prayer mats away just yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:59 pm 

It seems to be possible, Windswept, that we will never fandango again. Maybe one last farewell show - probably in London.

Bryan Ferry will be 79 this year. He has absolutely deserved his retirement. Everything that comes now must be seen as an unexpected encore of his career.

An album with Ferry or Roxy outtakes, the long awaited FYP SDE, a DVD of one of the last Roxy shows - fans have so many wishes. We'll see what comes true ...

For weeks nobody posted anything in this forum. A strange situation. But members get older, less interested and so much has already been written over the last years. Maybe everything is said and done ...

But don't forget: VIVA ROXY MUSIC forever!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:03 pm 

Mes Amis,
W2 est vraiment motive by responses.
He has unpacked the prayer mat and will pray to the Penshaw Gods twice daily.
His focus will be for a ‘Love Letters’ tour and/or for an autobiography.
Salutations a tous,
Windswept.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:21 pm 

Warm heart we spin slowly from view
Why are you sad, do you disapprove?
How we’ve wasted our time
Sunset, end of my day, my decline

Postscript you trace colours the sky
Red-letter light fades, is filed away
Sunburst fingers you raise
One last sigh of farewell, goodbye