VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Record Store Day 2024
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:22 pm 

I would love to see an ATGB re-issue. There were some songs recorded that were not included at the time, including another version of You Go To My Head.
It would be great to have the full Grand Rex show remastered CD & Blu-Ray package. Even the rehearsals of all the Ferry/Roxy songs played on the tour included.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:14 am 

Tryptich wrote:
I would love to see an ATGB re-issue. There were some songs recorded that were not included at the time, including another version of You Go To My Head.
It would be great to have the full Grand Rex show remastered CD & Blu-Ray package. Even the rehearsals of all the Ferry/Roxy songs played on the tour included.

Yes I would love an ATGB reissue as well. I personally think it’s a fantastic album with Bryan in great voice - Miss Otis Regrets and Falling In Love Again are sublime.
Would be great to hear what was omitted from the final album including that version of You Go To My Head.
Not sure if there were shows other than the Grand Rex one filmed on this tour? Would be good to get something new on DVD/Bluray.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:27 am 

The vinyl is a rather mesmerising, translucent-looking blue. To my eyes, not your conventional coloured vinyl. Maybe there's a term for it, but if there is, I don't know it. 'Bloody expensive' is a term that does immediately spring to mind - £28 for a 12" single. But hopefully, as part of the wider RSD initiative, it provides a much needed shot on the arm for our independent record shops. Long may they buck the digital/download trend.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:56 pm 

Maybe it's a really cool "blue" vinyl, but it doesn't seem to me that BF did anything very special in regards to RSD. Yet again, churn the catalog...

I hope the record stores get most of the £28 per disc, but who knows...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:43 am 

RSD releases are exclusive to independent record shops (instore only) on the day of the event, but after that, remaining stock can be bought online and via other retailers. BF's single/EP and other RSD offerings are available, amongst other places, here: https://townsendmusic.store/products/section/15772?utm_campaign=RSD%202024%20Preview&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Mailjet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:44 pm 

Hedonistic Hipsters,
Encore une fois W2 est entierement d’accord ave Oberon et the great Scott.
Windswept has long yearned for a re-make, re-modelling of ‘Bete Noire’. He loves many of the songs but feels the album is marred (no pun intended) by Pat Leonard’s production which resulted in a rather ‘thin’ sound that was a real retrograde step from Boys & Girls.
Our hero has talked about re-making the record and W2 thinks the versions of ‘New Town’ and ‘Bete Nore’ on ‘Bitter Sweet’ shows a great direction.
Go to it Bonny Lad as Oberon has said we need more Noire and less Leonard.
A prepos ATGB, the great Scott is so correct. A de-luxe, delightful special edition would be very welcome. A remastered ‘Le Grand Rex’ DVD together with a CD of the soundtrack would indecently excite W2.
Finalement le fandango. Windswept continues his prayers to The Penshaw Gods and has incorporated his bolero moves into his daily workout. When the moment arrives he will be ready !
Salutations et bon ete a tous - meme les gens de ‘South Hylton Club’.
Windswept.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:31 pm 
Site Owner

I haven't got my copy yet but I am told the additional remix is this one here:

https://youtu.be/LJ7-UB0TRD4?si=1AoFWzS8Rh0RsXI-

J.O'B.