VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Edinburgh Castle - 3rd Sept - 2011
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:28 am 

Seetickets.com seem to have the best selection but most of the usual ticket sites have a selection of tickets on sale.

8-)

Post subject: Re: Edinburgh Castle - 3rd Sept - 2011
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:37 pm 

Agreed, Seetickets do have the best selection. I scored front stalls row D which will do fine. The Castle is a spectaular setting and inside is fine as long as it's not blowing a gale, raining or both. Access though is another matter. I hope they've sorted that out a bit. Saw Leonard Cohen there 3 years ago. The queue stretched for hundreds of yards down the hill and it took over an hour to get to the ticket checkers. Many people got in after that concert started - just not good enough.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:50 pm 

They have the new seating system now but not sure if access will be any better. :? There is only so much you can do under the circumstances of an old historic building and streets. It's the same when the Tattoo is on, queues down the Royal Mile & Castle Hill.

I will be there on the 1st for Arcade Fire so will be able to see how things are.

When Simple Minds played in 2009 a rowing boat would have come in handy. The rain was awful. Even when dry you need your wooly vest on up there!!

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:20 am 

Love Edinburgh to bits but Scotland in September - Bryan could need every scarf h in his extensive wardrobe and the audiance will require all in one artic attire.
Me, I'm off to Vienna in July - I think it's a better bet!
Regards,
Windswept

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:03 pm 

Windswept wrote:
Love Edinburgh to bits but Scotland in September - Bryan could need every scarf h in his extensive wardrobe and the audiance will require all in one artic attire.
Me, I'm off to Vienna in July - I think it's a better bet!
Regards,
Windswept

I'm going to both so yes, maybe hot and cold. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:24 pm 

Dress for cold/wind/rain/heat/mist/fog and you will be fine! :lol:

Don't let the September date fool you. Last year Rod Stewart had two dates at the castle in the middle of July and it was a washout. He had to finish one show early because of the heavy rain.

8-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:27 am 

I'm not sure I would even buy tickets for the second coming if it was taking place at Edinburgh Castle. Odds on chance the weather will be awful and surely BF's style is rather more intimate than a Castle Esplanade? I'll stick with my memories from January.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:16 pm 

Agatha wrote:
I'm not sure I would even buy tickets for the second coming if it was taking place at Edinburgh Castle. Odds on chance the weather will be awful and surely BF's style is rather more intimate than a Castle Esplanade? I'll stick with my memories from January.

The weather could be fine, we'll see. Leonard Cohen, I'd suggest is more intimate in style than BF and his concert at the Castle was great (apart from the getting into the venue and the rain at the end).

I certainly wouldn't dissuade people from thinking about going to this show. It is a spectacular setting and could be a great concert.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:36 pm 

roxydude wrote:
The weather could be fine, we'll see. Leonard Cohen, I'd suggest is more intimate in style than BF and his concert at the Castle was great (apart from the getting into the venue and the rain at the end).

I certainly wouldn't dissuade people from thinking about going to this show. It is a spectacular setting and could be a great concert.

I agree....I saw the great Leonard Cohen at the O2 in 2008 and he made that vast arena seem like a very intimate setting.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:49 pm 

I passed on Leonard Cohen at the Castle and saw him at the Armadillo -no rain and a much better view!