VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Aarhus Set List
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:09 am 

It looks like a bit of a mixed bag to me, some great stuff (SOTT, IPASOY, WGO, HOIC) some not so great (STL, MOL, A, LITD, LST). The 2nd half of the set is the same old same old, surprised to see there's only 2 songs from Olympia. It's early days I know but hopefully it'll change if the tour finds it way to the North East.

You Can Dance - Sign Of The Times - I Put A Spell On You - Slave To Love - Don't Stop The Dance - What Goes On - Make You Feel My Love - Like A Hurricane - Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues Blues - Boys And Girls - All Along The Watchtower - Tara - Bitter Sweet - Alphaville - My Only Love - Avalon - Same Old Scene - Love Is The Drug - Hold On I'm Coming - Let's Stick Together - Jealous Guy - Editions Of You

Post subject: Re: Aarhus Set List
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:58 am 

It makes me ponder...Does he keep the new nuggets to the big cities? -Where the hardcore fans reside? -Where they have heard him many times before? This is how fans of other bands try to reason when this occurs. So far, this is not much of a Olympia tour.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:16 am 

just wondering, was there merchandise up for sale?
Any new stuff? Shirts (for ladies?) accesoires? , lithos?

And does anyone have a recording, as I'm fysically not able to attend shows anymore.

Any answers may reach me through pm :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:59 am 

Disappointed to see My Only Love, Avalon and Love is the Drug on a solo set, especially as we heard them all recently. Solo classics like This is Tomorrow, Another Time, In Your Mind deserve an airing. Pleased to see Sign of the Times and What Goes On included though.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:26 pm 

I agree with Jerry; I hope not to hear any Roxy songs when I catch up with The Great Man in Paris (June) & Kew (July).

As far as the 75% of the set which was solo stuff, I'd be quite happy to hear most of it; certainly last night's songs strike me as more lasting than anything on Olympia.

Herci asked about merchandise; I've already seen some t-shirts on-line, probably a link via bryanferry.com.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:09 pm 

A strange choice of songs, but pleased to see What Goes On in the set.Doesn't seem like an Olympia Tour at all. In any case Olympia's gone stale now and a tour or TV appearances won't generate much more in sales So it may be a tour just to pay the bills. I'm not complaining ! I'll be there .

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:59 pm 

You should keep in mind that Bryan himself regards "Reason or Rhyme" as one of his best songs ever, and rightly so. Shouldn`t this generate something? Plus "Song to The Siren" has wonderful synths in the manner of "Oh, Yeah". - But a topic like this doesn`t get us any further. It will only be a battle of taste. Sigh...

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:54 pm 

Just listened to a live recording of the show and BF sounds in fine form...although he does forget the words to "What goes on" a couple of times!
The band sound great and it's an interesting set list. What's the point of complaining about the hits and others you don't want to hear anymore, for the 1000th time, he has to try and please everyone, so just enjoy it or don't go.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:56 pm 

I have already bought my ticket some time ago, so I have to go, even travel a long way. I thought it mandatory to state the above point out of a feeling of rightousness. To sort things out, so to speak. Why should we just surrender the moment we see the first set list? I don`t know why you pop up at posts like this. I have the right to state sharp statements without you getting furious.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:37 pm 

Mr. Rifff wrote:
Just listened to a live recording of the show and BF sounds in fine form...although he does forget the words to "What goes on" a couple of times!
The band sound great and it's an interesting set list. What's the point of complaining about the hits and others you don't want to hear anymore, for the 1000th time, he has to try and please everyone, so just enjoy it or don't go.

Yes, it's up on Dime.