VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Magic night in Oslo
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:11 am 

What a show! Since early 80;s I have been to 40-50 BF-RM concerts, but honestly, the one yesterday night was the best ever. And I was not the only one who was caught; from the beginning till the end the crowd was under a spell.
I agree very much with a previous post that the set list is a matter of taste and thus a discussion of that is fairly meaningless. Favourite or not, each song were treated by the band with such a care that the selection meant little. "I put a spell on you" is the best possible starter as well as "Jelous guy" is a perfect end. In between them there was a chain of pearls.
The setting was like a well balanced painting with complementary colours. To have Chris Spedding-Olivier Thompson and Newmark-Tara on the same stage is simply interesting. Thompson seems to be a benign reincarnation of Hendrix, it`s almost frustrating how good he plays. The girls made me wish I was young again.
The man himself was in good shape, relaxed and inspired at the same time.
"My only love" came out fantastically. I shall not complain that they didn`t play "Reason or rhyme", not only the jewel of "Olympia", but perhaps the best Ferry song ever - but I do wish to hear it live ond day!
See you in Paris and, if my wife allows me, in autumn as well!
Enjoy the show! Magnus Dahl