VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Standing ovation in Paris
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:26 am 

ZEN wrote:
Windswept

The man who was asleep in the second row seemed to be a little taller than Mr. Sarkosy.

Dear Zen,
Don't forget that Sarkosy does wear high heels and Carla has been trying to teach him a little culture - perhaps he was fatigued by it all?
Alternatively,it could have been Manzanera in disguise. Maybe he came to check out young Oliver Thompson's technique and was feigning indifference?
By the way, I do think Thompson is superb and is on the way to becoming his generation's Hendrix!
Regards,
Windswept

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:39 am 

Gary wrote:
I don't understand why so many RM songs? I would feel cheated if I had bothered to go! Having just forked out to see RM twice and then to see a BF band do some of the songs again?? No thanks. A BF band will never do RM songs as good as RM. I know he has always done two or three (JG, Strand etc) but is there any neeed for any more as Bryan has lots to choose from? Is it because these are well known to the majority of the band from the recent RM tour. And, if that was the case why didn't PT do drums? As it is the "Olympia" tour understood why AN is on drums (as he did the recording) but then ony two songs from Olypia??

Just a thought here- am I right that at present Bryan is playing cities where Roxy didn't play last year, so the fans who attend there may not have had the chance to see Roxy live for a while, hence the number of Roxy songs in the setlist. By the time the tour moves to the UK say, there may be fewer Roxy songs and the tour will start to live up to the "Olympia" billing.
As I say, just a thought.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:50 am 

Dear Gary,
You may well be correct.
The set list for 'Frantic' changed quite a lot during the course of that tour and maybe we'll see the same with 'Olympia'.
That said, I think the lack of string section will influence decisions.
I'm going to the Vienna gig and will report back.
Regards,
Windswept