VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: New Track on Hits CD
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:06 pm 

There are quite a few Ferry tracks not available yet on cd in the UK (Shes leaving home being one of them, Ferry's vocal performance is outstanding) and most only available on Japanese imports.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:48 am 

[quote="Zarathustra"][quote="St.Learraine"]

I find Kates Bush voice magnificent, I sort of collect significant female and male voices.

I also like Scott Walker, John Cale and David Sylvian.

They seem, along with Bryan Ferry and maybe Morissey a way of conveying a higher form of vibration through their voices, where the heart is providing some deep and profound honesty.. maybe the sound of the soul singing.

My wife is a former mezzo-soprano som we both enjoy different significant voices.

September last year I had the ultimate pleasuere of talking to Mr. Brian Eno. :) introduced through a friend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:19 am 

Further info on 'She's Leaving Home'. Although officially only a b-side, it was in fact a hit of sorts in as much as when 'Tokyo Joe' had dropped down the chart from 15 to 24 (if I remember correctly!), one or more DJ's started playing 'She's Leaving Home' on the radio. The next week 'Tokyo Joe' moved back up the chart to number 20.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:09 pm 

8-)

Just found this cinematique sound-pearl with Jane Birkin (From her acclaimed album Renne-des-vouz) and Bryan Ferry finally uploaded on YT. Roxys everlasting "In every dream home a heartache"

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOuMfjKu ... r_embedded

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:43 am 

BlankFrank wrote:
Further info on 'She's Leaving Home'. Although officially only a b-side, it was in fact a hit of sorts in as much as when 'Tokyo Joe' had dropped down the chart from 15 to 24 (if I remember correctly!), one or more DJ's started playing 'She's Leaving Home' on the radio. The next week 'Tokyo Joe' moved back up the chart to number 20.

Two great tracks on one single...TJ was one of the tracks performed live in Channel 7 studios, Sydney in 1977 in a special cleverly named, "Bryan Ferry Live in Australia". ;)

The TJ clip is the only one that exists from that nine song, hour show.

The TV broadcast was touted at the time as "state of the art visual and audio recording". Funny when you think of True HD, Master HD audio and 1080P vision etc. that now exists, as I recorded the audio onto a small cassette recorder microphone balancing near the TV! VCRs did not exist in Australia circa May '77...

My point is, i'd love to get a hold of a copy of that entire video broadcast. It's a true Ferry rarity!

Post subject: Note to Zarathustra:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:26 am 

About 2 years back someone on "Avalon" mailing list (see Roxyrama.com) mentioned having this on video. At the time we were trying to locate as much RM/BF video material as possible, and the Sydney recording was indeed a rarity.

Have you heard of "A Perfumed Sigh", a DVD which was "treed" via Avalon?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:11 pm 

There are 3 seperate versions of him performing Tokyo Joe in Japan, one from a "New Music"? televised concert which is or was quite widely available, though varying in quality. There is also a video of him performing it live seemingly facing the IYM band with his back to the audience. The third video is from around 1995 when it reached no. 1 in Japan after being used in a commercial there with him singing live to a backing track (probably the kareoke track on the cd single) surrounded by young oriental females.

Post subject: Re: Note to Zarathustra:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:16 am 

mikalsa wrote:
About 2 years back someone on "Avalon" mailing list (see Roxyrama.com) mentioned having this on video. At the time we were trying to locate as much RM/BF video material as possible, and the Sydney recording was indeed a rarity.

Have you heard of "A Perfumed Sigh", a DVD which was "treed" via Avalon?

Yes, and I know the person ;) who supplied the Tokyo Joe live track that appears on this and know an individual who helped put APS together. TJ live in Sydney has been repeated on Australian music video shows over the years.

The only people who would most likely have the entire Sydney live set are Bryan's management or someone who worked at Ch 7, Sydney.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:11 pm 

wrighta wrote:
There are 3 seperate versions of him performing Tokyo Joe in Japan, one from a "New Music"? televised concert which is or was quite widely available, though varying in quality. There is also a video of him performing it live seemingly facing the IYM band with his back to the audience. The third video is from around 1995 when it reached no. 1 in Japan after being used in a commercial there with him singing live to a backing track (probably the kareoke track on the cd single) surrounded by young oriental females.

Bryan facing band..........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGGmAV0N9TU

97 version...........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dPW0-N5le0

:) 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:06 pm 

Thanks J.O.B. and everyone. It's the Alphaville version....
led flashlights