VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ferry's next album
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:10 pm 

What is puzzling is that on facebook he says he is mixing the album and pushing for March release and then the next week David Gilmour did some session work last week which doesn't entirely make sense, does all these "star" names mean a return to the aural soup of boys and girls through to mamouna after the less cluttered arrangements of the last 2 albums?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:41 pm 

i feel that F+B and Avalon were Bryans records. Roxy effectively died when Paul was booted out. Bryan's also always indirectly knocked Manzanera and Mackay by overstating how brilliant American musicians are and how he liked working with different musicians. i.e. I've had eough of Mackay and Manzanera.
Ther will never be any more Roxy albums unless Bryan's solo career nosedives in terms of sales . The 2001 "reformation" tour was all a moneymaking stunt which helped raise Bryans profile and sell more records. Does anyone know how much they got paid for the 2001 tour ?
The very next record was Frantic which seemed strange following a "reforming.". And it's happening again now. Wake up everyone. There will never be another Roxy cd. I hope not anyway. Their 8 album legacy is second to none.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:21 am 

:P :x

I think this year we get two albums - Bryans new album ( see you tube Bryan Ferry com working in the studio - one song I don`t want to from the Alphaville sessions ) and the long awaited Roxy album, see Phils Hompage Roxy Music 2010 coming soon ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:15 pm 

Wow, you beleve them? Ferry, Manzanera & Mackay have been quoted in articles that there is a album on the way for at least 2 years. I'm waiting for the record company to annouce a release date. Anything else is a lame attempt at hyping up an album that may or may not exsist.
Now IF a new Ferry album is released in March (what year?), and is a success, it will push back the release of any Roxy Music album.
Right now, Ferry wants to play down any Roxy talk to promote his work.

Repackage/Retail

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:17 am 

Interesting from Ian S:

“Bryan's also always indirectly knocked Manzanera and Mackay by overstating how brilliant American musicians are and how he liked working with different musicians.”

Bryan just looooove black musicians (no offense). He could play a funky groove on and on and on and on for ages...His music will never be better if he doesn`t get another fancy. At least, not much hope for lovers of Euro disco...

Why must a new Roxy album be “better”? Why this talk about Roxy`s legacy? Is it that great? Isn`t that a view created by time passing? A new Roxy album would anyway be better than a new “Bryan” album.

I can`t believe that David Gilmour is actually doing solos to what originally was meant as the new Roxy album. Those songs must still be in the can somewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:15 pm 

I personally am delighted with the fact that a guy in his 6Oies is still willing making new records - on his own or with roxy, I could'nt care less! To all the criticasters... we'll see how productive you are when you reach that age! Maybe you'll just be good lying for the TV, drinking beer... During the last gigs I saw Bryan seemed to really enjoy himself on stage, much more then a few decades ago, and ofcourse he tours because he needs to make money... we all need money! There's nothing wrong with that! Or are you all willing to support and pay for his retirement, so that he can completely concentrate on the 'Big Art'? I do look forward to that new record, and whether it's 'new' or 'cult' or not, from the moment that it sounds nice to my ears I'm most pleased.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:37 pm 

Well said, Ann. Couldn´t agree more!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:57 pm 

-But? -I don`t think that was such a great comment! Support me, anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:07 pm 

sorry le freak but i have to agree with ann. we are expecting too much from the great man. for someone in his 60s the music is still fantastic. i did see him on tv once saying that he would quit if his music was no longer valid. so, get behind the great man. make it happen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:11 pm 

More aimless noodling and soulless electronic riffs, then. But it's his prerogative!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next