VivaRoxyMusic.com Forum
A Forum for all Roxy Music fans

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ferry's next album
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:16 pm 

Sad to say but BF's voice has been slowly deteriorating for at least the last 10 years, he lost his deep crooning style as far back as the early 80's. Since the dreadful Avalon album he has been singing in that high voiced syle of singing and by the time the pointless ATGB album came out it was really noticeable how bad it had gotten. I for one don't want to hear another Roxy album with that poor voice and another BF solo record just doesn't interest me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:23 pm 

whow! What a negative thinking! I agree Bryan's voice has weakened with the years, but don't let us forget the man is growing older! And I think it suits him. And on stage, there's nothing weak about it. Anyway, I would love to see a nex Roxy record coming up, but I'm as pleased with a new solo album as well!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:13 pm 

I don't think that Bryan's voice is any worse than you might expect for someone of his age.

Have you heard Paul McCartney recently :shock:

8-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:49 pm 

One thing that struck me about the docklands concert footage on the latest Roxy dvd was how prominent the backing vocals were, McCartney's voice does sound in better shape then Bryans (a few points, McCartney is less reliant on backing vocals, he is older than Bryan and look at the length of the concerts he performs, admittedly maybe not the quantity of concerts but bigger and there has been a marked reduction in length of Ferry/Roxy concerts back to the seventies 75 minute duration). I think that due to the change in his voice the ATGB tour was better suited to him than the later ones.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:23 pm 

wrighta,

what is the dvd to which you refer, which features docklands footage - and what exactly does it show?? i had no idea it was included on any recent releases - thanks for drawing this to my attention!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:42 pm 

It's More Than This the Roxy Music Story out a couple of months back, it has footage of 3 songs from the docklands gig a few years back, unfortunately 3 songs already on the Apollo dvd from 2001 (Different performances obviously)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:48 pm 

Will "Dance With Life" (The Brilliant Life), from the film "The Phenomenon", be included on the new album? Wouldn`t it be nice to finally have it on a proper album? And what about "Help Me", and "Wholly Bully"? Or "Hold On, I`m Coming"? Yeah, these are questions...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:22 am 

I guess the reference to a "proper" album means other than a compilation, otherwise BF's The Ultimate Collection would offer Help Me. Hold On (I'm Coming) can, of course be found on The Bride Stripped Bare.

Apologies if I've missed something and fallen into the trap of stating the obvious! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:24 pm 

Well, I must confess I don`t carry the tracklist of "The Bride Stripped Bare" in my heart. My fault.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:56 pm 

20th of February, 2010:

Why does he do this? There is nothing new in Ferry collaborating with Nile Rogers. He did that on both "Boys and Girls" and "Mamouna". The same goes for David Gilmour, who performed on "Boys and Girls". -And all this the middle of the anticipation connected to the new Roxy album?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next